The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Jumble > For Sale
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A really outstanding T3 Westfalia DEPOSIT TAKEN
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedA really outstanding T3 Westfalia DEPOSIT TAKEN

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: A really outstanding T3 Westfalia DEPOSIT TAKEN
    Posted: 16 Oct 09 at 10:39
...In my opinion of course!   Sorry to drop a For Sale thread in so early in my brick-yard 'career', I tend to live over at VZi. LOL
 We will be making at least six return trips down to Greece next year so I need to give up my aircooled habit for a while and go 2.5tdi T5/4.

1981 Aircooled VW T3 Westfalia Campervan.

Lots of pics further down

Rarer Early model and the very best conversion made and sold via VW main dealerships in its day. This is in truly remarkable condition and considered to be one of the best T3 Aircooled Westfalias in the UK. No rust or repair panels. All panels checked behind units and all hidden places (photos available). Ziebart from new and regular waxoyl since then. 28 years old but in the condition one would expect of a three or four year old vehicle due to a lifetime of care and undercover storage. Drives like a modern vehicle and very ’tight’. Smart interior design gives a comfortable double bed that makes up in seconds with another full double in the roof space. Fitted 3-way fridge, 2-ring hob & drainer, built in gas tank that can be filled at petrol stations. Inbuilt fresh water and waste water systems. Front swivel seats with extra dining table. Swing-out main table. 12v/240 v power systems. Eberspacher heater. Double glazed & insulated. Not just a classic icon….. but a great and useable campervan!
We bought this bus back in 2006 after two years of looking at shiny buses with hidden horrors and crusty bits. This was the best by miles. We had her re-sprayed early this year, not to cover anything, but it was scraped along the offside by a french filth Clio wing mirror. I was absolutely gutted as until then it had unmarked original paint.
After weeks of phone-calls and hunting I found a great local old-school bodyshop who agreed to panel beat the marks and not cut/weld anything. It took 35 hours and £2500! But I oversaw the whole job and know that only guide filler was used. Thank god for old methods. We reluctantly agreed to a full re-spray to make sure everything was A1, but there was no fading at all of the original paint.

Available to view anytime in North Norfolk at Walsingham (About half and hour from Hunstanton), has a full years MOT - once again with no advisories and tested by Tim at Deepdale Garage who is without doubt the strictest tester I’ve ever seen – he allocates a full hour to every test and found nothing. Taxed to end of November.
The odometer reads 156k kilometres (Near 99,000 miles, but this just can't be right, it has to be driven to believe it. The odometers on these are very fragile (a flimsy red plastic wheel) so I'm sure that it has had replacement speedo unit(s). Even the seat-belts have that as-new tight spring retraction.

Price £9500 or very near sensible offers.

More pics on our website:-

www.atasteofnorfolk.com - click the 'VW Camper' button.
Our telephone number and email address is there too..

Thank you!

Under cab carpet

Original unmarked rear carpet.                                                           Front swivel seats and coffee/TV table                                                        Rear R&R bed, swing out table. Loose covers over original Van Dyke fabric. No sun fading as its always been indoors.                                               The stainless drop-down draining board was still in the blue plastic film when we bought it! <

And Finally... A pic taken in 2008 before the repaint to show the original unblemished paintwork.

Edited by rubberrat - 16 Oct 09 at 16:33
Cruisin' in our Westy...Oooh look at all those cars behind us!
dub dub campers View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 09 at 11:38
Very clean and tidy, Would of kept decals original tho,  good luck with the sale,
dub dub
Stuart Roper,
Lampeter, Mid Wales
07966 270767,
dubdubcampers@aol.com
Cliffbase View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
''We fuck like monkeys, yes?''

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 09 at 11:50
Beautiful van, its a credit to you Thumbs Up
The bigger the Orange, the bigger the peel.
coop69coop View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 09 at 14:29
Sweet van mate, got to be worth that
TeeB View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 09 at 15:37
A real tidy bus, I'm sure you will be sorry to see it go, good luck.
1985 Westfalia Joker Jubilee
rubberrat View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 09 at 16:02
Originally posted by dub dub campers dub dub campers wrote:

Very clean and tidy, Would of kept decals original tho,  good luck with the sale,
Cheers.  Funnily I never did like the silver decals, felt they looked 'cheap', but was also worried about losing orignality. I mulled the decision over for absolutely ages though.
I had them made to my colour options by Mosake partners who advertise on ebay if anyone wants some.
With the rear mudflaps, the stripes and the cream bumpers I was going for a 'retro' 70's look.  I had decided, if I kept it, I would have had the wiper arms and door handles chromed to keep the scheme going.
If I didn't need a Trans-European mile-cruncher I wouldn't be parting with this as replacing it would be an absolute 'mare!

Edited by rubberrat - 16 Oct 09 at 16:07
Stefvan View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 09 at 16:09
Phwoarr !
Is all I can say !

Stefvan
rubberrat View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 09 at 11:00
Deposit taken,  looks like its found a new home!

Why is it that whenever I want to buy something, they go all 'rare'!
It was the same when I wanted a mint T3 Westy back in '06, Either crappers or megabucks.  now tip top T4 2.5's seem to be non-existant..  or a fortune!Ermm

Edited by rubberrat - 26 Oct 09 at 11:03
timmythedog View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

westy fetishist

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 09 at 15:24
well i guess you just sold yours for mega bucks so you're in the same loop. You get what you pay for as you know, and you look after your investment, like you did. Isn't it so much nicer to sell something you are really proud of too?Thumbs Up
Syncro doka td
T4 Multivan Generation, 151
89 Caravelle Exclusive 2.1
Caravelle GL AFN tdi
53 plate T4 Panel.888 special x factor.
88 DG Panel(uncut)
calypso Atlantic pop.
 Post Reply Post Reply