The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Parts Interchange

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parts Interchange
    Posted: 07 Oct 09 at 16:52
Hi Folks,

If you know of parts from other vehicles which will fit an LT can you post them here and I'll summarise them into a spreadsheet.

Cheers

Andy
LT28 1979 2.0 Pampas Nevada Camper LPG 93K, 1980 T3 A/C Camper 98K,1994 RRC 3.9 LPG 120k , 1998 Audi A6 Est 2.5 V6 diesel 127k

pno View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 09 at 17:00
Great idea :)
mackney View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mackney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 09 at 14:52
any idea where i can get the rack underneath for the spare wheel? snapped off. lt28
mackney.com on tour with a LT28 petrol 4 speed low roof 1991
TwoSheds View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TwoSheds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 09 at 09:55
As you may have found out : These really are like Hens Teeth. Reasons mainly are : most vans never had them fitted and most that were fitted related to ChassisCab variants.
One work around is to use an LDV rack ( this is what i did ). Most if not all LDV's have a rack and LDV's rot so there are plenty of racks available - and cheap at around £25.
From a retrofit view the LT Van Rack can be a big problem if a van is already converted to a Camper that has under floor equipment fitted.
I fitted my LDV rack sideways at the side of the silencer ( LT45 24TD ) and it works a treat. I have a second one to fit between the side step and prop next.
The only other alternative is to have yours welded with reinforcing tubes.
Hope that this helps.
Ayrshore View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ayrshore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 10 at 22:23
Engines - Volvo 700/900 TD and Audio 100/200 TD.

However, it's basically just the block and head - the water pipes are different, the cump and oil pickups are different, and many other differences. I changed the engine in mine for one from a 960TD about 18 months ago.

The vacuum pump is the same as many VW/Audi group cars - I've got one from an Audi Coupe before. The pushrod is a different length though - which is why mine broke at it's mounts!
campy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote campy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 10 at 13:51
hello im new to this site please help me im the owner of an lt 31 and having trouble getting parts i need a wing mirror front drivers seat and a rotor arm any help you can give will be greatfully recieved thanks chris
mr c coles
t'onion View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t'onion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 10 at 14:22
Originally posted by campy campy wrote:

hello im new to this site please help me im the owner of an lt 31 and having trouble getting parts i need a wing mirror front drivers seat and a rotor arm any help you can give will be greatfully recieved thanks chris

Ebay for the seat (look for lt's being broken)
Is it just the mirror or the arm that you need ? just the mirror ebay again look for truck mirror
rotor arm ? GSF or euro-car-parts
LT28 Westfalia FloRida, 2.4 diesel

miserable fooker

Ayrshore View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ayrshore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 10 at 20:54
You can get the mirror quite cheap (20-30 quid) from the VW dealer. if it's just the mirror and not the arm.
campy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote campy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 10 at 09:47
thank you i will try that
mr c coles
Lizdancing View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lizdancing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 10 at 12:20
Hi I've LT 28 - think this is best part to ask question - 
once again another visit with AA and this time - need 2 new batteries and 1 alternator...ahh
just thinking I'd really like to have Van looked at by someone who knows about LT 28s - would anyone recommend someone near London? 
Or good place to source those parts?
Thanks
Liz
Liz
LT28, 1984 engine,
comanche View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote comanche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 10 at 09:40
Try looking on the Brighton Gumtree site,someone importing LTs round there,bet they have a workshop,only a short lindyhop away.
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lizdancing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 10 at 11:09
Thank you - I'll have a look 
Liz
LT28, 1984 engine,
paulr View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 10 at 11:09
Hi Andy,

I was wondering if you could put a 'sticky' up regarding suppliers/dealers of parts. Without looking through old threads/posts I wouldn't know who supplies parts for LT's these days.
www.flexiblesanders.co.uk
AndyT View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 10 at 11:15
Already there - Useful Links
LT28 1979 2.0 Pampas Nevada Camper LPG 93K, 1980 T3 A/C Camper 98K,1994 RRC 3.9 LPG 120k , 1998 Audi A6 Est 2.5 V6 diesel 127k

paulr View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 10 at 12:31
Sorry Andy,...................I should have gone to spec savers ! LOL

www.flexiblesanders.co.uk
FenVanner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FenVanner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 10 at 16:59
Hi I'm a newbie too! 
I recently purchased an 1987/88 LT31 to convert into a camper and have found getting parts difficult too.  However, I did discover that Wilco Direct sold mirrors suitable for fitting to the LT mirror arms at a very reasonable 7.99 GBP each!   I'm glad I got them when I did as they look really smart too!

I have just done a search to post the link but they don't seem to have them anymore. Sorry :-(
They have shops scattered about which may still have some in stock, mine came from the Norwich Branch.

I also had the non-working speedo problem as well.  Without going into the saga of finding a decent mechanic....... I had various advice from nothing can be done to the correct solution fixing the thingy in the gearbox. 
The upshot is that I have ended up with a spare LT 31 Speedo Head/Dashboard Unit if anyone is interested - email me with an offer. 

I also have a complete set of Genuine Black VW LT hub Caps - still in original boxes - plus a spare not in a box.  Is anyone interested in these?  Let me know before I put them on Ebay!

Cheers
FenVanner

psion View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 10 at 09:50
Hi

I have a power steering box part number (282 422 049 A) that wont fit my 86 LT55 I will swap for part number (292 422 049 B) if someone has one. Basically the one I have is for 93 - 94 Angry
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lizdancing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 10 at 19:27
Hi...LT28 - missing oil dipstick - 
No idea how I managed to lose it!? But I have so would anyone know where to get another one or would any of you have one from an old van?
Thanks 
Liz
07749 453894

Liz
LT28, 1984 engine,
BeJay View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 10 at 05:58

sorry Liz, I don't have a spare dipstick but you'll have to let people know what engine it is, i.e. 2.0 ltr petrol, 2.4 ltr petrol or 2.4 ltr diesel as they'll all be different, and it may be better putting it in the wanted section.

Edited by BeJay - 08 Jun 10 at 06:00
NIL ILLIGITIMUS CARBORUNDUM
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lizdancing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 10 at 08:15
Thank you, I'll check my engine size and post and in wanted section thanks again liz
Liz
LT28, 1984 engine,
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>