The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Parts Interchange

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
stonio View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stonio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parts Interchange
    Posted: 27 May 11 at 20:06
Here AndyT n Bibblybobs check this home made gasket we made!
LT31 2.4 Petrol 1984 Camper Conversion - My Obsession
AndyT View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 11 at 22:54
Happy to help mate, if you need to know the length etc let me know.
If yours is missing? then there is also a gaiter stopping water getting into the inner wing (double skinned).
You've no chance of buying one but a bit of silicone and some rubber/leather will suffice, don't miss it off cos the step etc will rot.
LT28 1979 2.0 Pampas Nevada Camper LPG 93K, 1980 T3 A/C Camper 98K,1994 RRC 3.9 LPG 120k , 1998 Audi A6 Est 2.5 V6 diesel 127k

scooby69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooby69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 11 at 22:20
thanks andy omg how thick am i Smile that so easy. the handbrake is the rod bit that g oes onto ratchet again i could weld a lenght of metal 7 months searching and solution staring me in faceEmbarrassed
bibblybobs View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bibblybobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 11 at 07:23
Sliding door hinges, rollers & slider is the same as T1.

By the way the above carb is the Pierburg 2B6, as Andy suggests, try carb hosptital or Gower & Lee. Not cheap though, I have the same carb, pain in the ass. Me thinks service kit, let me know how you get on.
1984 LT31 2.4 petrol Camper
AndyT View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 11 at 00:00
The rod itself is easy to make/repair. Cut off the loop that fit's into the handbrake lever and weld it to some steel bar about 10mm diameter.
Cut to length and then weld on a "hook" at the end and grind it down until it fits into the level on the bulk head.
Drill a hole through it and insert a split pin to hold it in place.

Post a pic of what else is broken and I'll compare it to mine and advise if I can fix it for you.
LT28 1979 2.0 Pampas Nevada Camper LPG 93K, 1980 T3 A/C Camper 98K,1994 RRC 3.9 LPG 120k , 1998 Audi A6 Est 2.5 V6 diesel 127k

scooby69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooby69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 11 at 22:58
please please help, i got '78 petrol 2ltr lt28 had it cpl years now finding parts is harder than rocking horse s##t (as you all know) anyway my problem is my handbrake is knackered from the lever (tried welding it ) and the rod that goes from the lever to the pull thingy (sorry cant remember proper name) i have phoned and emailed every parts place and been checking ebay every day but cant find what i need has anyone got any ideas how to overcome this problem. is there any way of using other parts or any 1 got ny idea where i can get replacement parts .... please help as i want scooby back on road this summer

thanks
stonio View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stonio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 11 at 17:20
Thankyou bud I have emailed the hospital, fingers crossed.
AndyT View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 11 at 14:55
You'll never make that gasket mate, and I'm thinking you may have another problem too.
It looks like the gasket covers the float chambers, which should shut off fuel before the chambers are full, long before fuel should leak out.
I'm guessing that fuel was coming out of the 2 brass pipes from the pic.

The usual cause is a leak in the floats, easy to check shake em and listen for fuel sloshing about inside. If no sound then the float levels need adjusting, simple to do but I don't know what the gap should be.

Best bet is to give these people a ring tomorrow http://www.carburettorhospital.co.uk, explain your problem and ask what they recommend.
They might do you a good deal on a refurb, supply the gasket or recommend a full gasket set.
You will need to advise them what model the carb is though, can't see from the pics, it will be stamped on the side somewhere.

stonio View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stonio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 11 at 12:14
Originally posted by AndyT AndyT wrote:

Looks like you'll have to wait until you can post a detailed pic.
From what you've said the carb is a Pierburg, but without knowing which gasget has failed I can't help.

Hi Andy can you please have a look at these mate?
The pic below shows the part which was over flowing with fuel.

God knows what this is, worn down pin?

This pic below shows the dodgy Gasket which we need, you can see where it has perished.

Edited by stonio - 22 May 11 at 12:19
stonio View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stonio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 11 at 18:49
Yes Andy it is Pierburg the guy who is dealing with it just told me, think they are on Audi 100's?
Would you know where to get Pierburg Gaskets?

Think were just going to buy some gasket paper and make our own, there's no reason why we shouldn't, what thickness paper should I use?

AndyT View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 11 at 15:07
Looks like you'll have to wait until you can post a detailed pic.
From what you've said the carb is a Pierburg, but without knowing which gasget has failed I can't help.

stonio View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stonio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 11 at 00:35

Best I can do!
stonio View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stonio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 11 at 17:10
He's had a look and its made by pielburg?? Have you heard.of this one? Photo coming soon I promise!
stonio View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stonio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 11 at 13:14
Shame I don't keep the vehicle here its miles away..
AndyT View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 11 at 09:32
Need a close up of where the fuel is leaking from, so that I can see which gasket has failed.
Also need model of carb.

stonio View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stonio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 11 at 00:42
Cheers mate I actually took a photo with my mobile and its magically deleted itself, I will post one tomo - well today! When I get my Digital Camera I have a shot of the whole Engine including carb is this ok??

Edited by stonio - 20 May 11 at 00:45
AndyT View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 11 at 16:34
Depends on the gasket, I've made my own for years from various thicknesses of paper.
You could try the carb manufacturer/supplier, buy a re-build kit on ebay, but without knowing exactly which gasket has failed, model of carb it's difficult to advise.
A pic would help a lot in this case.

stonio View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stonio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 11 at 11:05
I'm trying to find carb gasket and its proving difficult, Part number 049129341A I have not tried VW yet where would you guys normally get parts like these for the LT? It's 1984.
terry bug View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terry bug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 11 at 19:52
vw lt (brick van) rear lenses are the same as 1972/1979 T2 bay, got some off  the ebay for mine 1985 lt28 Wink
FenVanner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FenVanner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 11 at 22:15
Hi fellow LT Lovers,
Wilco don't seem to do the complete units any more Cry
I sooooo glad I bought mine when they still did them.

Anyway, if any one is looking for Arm mounted mirror units for LT's? 
I have found this seller on Ebay that does the universal ones.
At under 25 quid for a pair (including delivery) got to  be worth a look, you should be able to find a pair that'll fit?

All the best
Jaz
Jaz

1988 LT31 LWB Hi-Top 2.4 Diesel Camper conversion Project
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>