The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Westfalia forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

fridge electrics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote funkywigster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: fridge electrics
    Posted: 26 Aug 09 at 00:32
Hi,i've just got my first westy 1980 2.0 aircooled liana greenBig smilethis is my first post so hi to all you T3 westy ownersSmile
anyway i'll get to the point i have removed my fridge(RM182)it has the 12v and 240v cables but also two red wires coming from the box ontop of the fridge(behind the controls) they are quite long and were just looped together on top of the fridge not connectedConfusedanybody know what they are for?

1980 2.0 westy
Joker_Club View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joker_Club Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 09 at 09:15
Dunno, what are they attached to? Maybe someone wired a switch in at some time to run the fan manually?
Sunny Lancs
mr bricolage View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr bricolage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 09 at 09:27
I wouldnt have thought so. Fan wires are blue and yellow.
Euramobil Terestra
funkywigster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote funkywigster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 09 at 23:46
have removed fridge still don't know what there forConfused anyway fridge is back in and working ok so i will just ignore themSmile
while i was messing about with the fridge i was looking at the fuse on the front right side of the cooker panel and found some wires coming from the back that have been cut offConfusedtwo red and one thin black & one thin red,think they maybe somthing to do with the tap anybody know? there is a small yellow light next to the fuse.

1980 2.0 westy
johnb View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 09 at 11:02
Where is the pump for the water?  Mine (1981 diesel) was an in-line pump on the floor under the sink.  I've had to replace it with another inline pump in the same place.  I think the two reds are the tap switch.

If someone has replaced the inline pump with a submercible they have probably cut out the original wiring and run positive from the leisure wiring to the pump and then used a switched earth via the tap.  A little bit simpler and more reliable than the original - which was fed from the control panel.
My van is better known in these parts than I am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote funkywigster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 09 at 00:05
i think the previous owners just removed the pumpConfusedhave replaced it now and tap is working okSmiletap wires are brown and blue.
thanks for the info john,do you have the fuse and small yellow light on your control panel?just want to know what its for.
any one else have this on there early westy?
1980 2.0 westy
Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 09 at 07:18
pics of this stuff would be a great help.

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

http://www.tee3.co.uk/

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote funkywigster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 09 at 11:02
yeah will take some picsSmilegoing to devon today so will post next weekSmile
1980 2.0 westy
 Post Reply Post Reply