The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Brickie's Arms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

canterbury camping

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: canterbury camping
    Posted: 08 Aug 09 at 23:22
thinking of heading up to canterbury area for a short break, may be a week or so.

never been to this area before so if there`s any locals willing to give us some tips as to where to visit and camp we ( me, mandy, 2 kids, 5 and 9 and the westy syncro ) would be very greatfull.

cheers lee. pm`s welcome.
monsho View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monsho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 09 at 23:29
I camped at the Caravan Club campsite just outside Canterbury for a night when coming back from France, was handy for visiting the City, but it was a very *caravan club* style place, bit too clinical if you know what I mean...
uncle philip View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uncle philip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 09 at 10:31
I went to the camping club site at Folkstone last year..really clean...dramatic views & suburbly placed to do the whole of that Kent/East Sussex area on a 'Days Out If You Feel Like It' basis. Even took the old bayEmbarrassed over to France for a day out for £29 return.
I'll just wait......
..lee.. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 09 at 10:59
thank guys will check them both out.
BeJay View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 09 at 11:50
Here you go Lee,
                           http://www.siteseeker.co.uk/aspx/results.aspx  if you put south east england and then Kent in the search criterea and then scroll down a bit and click search it should be the first two sites on the page that comes up, if you click on the name of the site (Canterbury or Folkstone) it'll take you to the details/description of each site) if you ain't a member it'll possibly save you money if you join then you can get the members family deal 2 adults & 2 kids for under £20 a night, not done Canterbury but Folkstone is nice as said above, and you got the option of taking the kids a day trip to France (with or without the motor) hope this helps.
                                                  cheers Jack.
NIL ILLIGITIMUS CARBORUNDUM
GymRatZ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GymRatZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 09 at 11:59
When I was a lad We used to go to Littlebourne where my grandparents lived.
About 5 miles dover side of Canterbury.
Favourite place was  Howletts zoo park http://www.totallywild.net/  That was at least 20 years ago or more since I was there so it's gotta be even better now !
Other favourite places were Deal Pier where I went fishing and slightly  further  afield was Margate for roller coasters and stuff.
May have all changed but some great villages to poke around too.

https://www.gymratz.co.uk

Gym Equipment & WaterRower shop
uncle philip View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uncle philip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 09 at 19:42
Had my first little 'grope' at Margate......1967.......coincedided with my first appreciation of the splitty...although they werent called that thenWink
I'll just wait......
..lee.. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 09 at 21:38
looks good cheers guys. hope to head off wednesday.

lee.
Janner View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 09 at 12:15
Loads of potential of fly camping around there. There's a huge fishing lake in Chilham (just outside, lovely spot), you wouldn't find it hard to find a secluded spot for the night, I think they lock the gates after about 9 ish. Let you know if I can think of more.
Nostalgia's not what it used to be...
 Post Reply Post Reply