The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

table in sliding door

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
MultiplexMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MultiplexMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: table in sliding door
    Posted: 01 Jul 09 at 13:04
I've got one in my Kombi Beach.  The table stows in the sliding door and mounts on the internal panel opposite the sliding door.  I hope that makes sense Confused

It's OK but I wouldn't rave about it...
orangina View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 09 at 11:11
Have a look at this brochure (pdf. file) and on page 9 you'll see a picture of the table in the lining of the slider.
http://www.vwcampersales.com/Volkswagen-T5-California/brochures/California_Brochure.pdf
roadmark69 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roadmark69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 09 at 22:51
I know Exploria do one that goes in the sliding door.Dont know how much or if they only supply with there conversions.
Mark Coates - Purveyor of mats for T3, T4 and T5 - E-mail - 07917542685
http://www.megavanmats.com/
Heritagevancentre View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heritagevancentre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 09 at 07:01

im having trouble putting apicture from etka on here but if anyone emails me i can send the picture

dave.crane@heritage.vwcv.co.uk
Contact the van centre on 01373 855815 for all you needs , we dont just work for vw we also have a passion for them aswell , so give us a call , promotions on there way!!
ZUB View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

early morning troll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZUB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 09 at 22:35

2 chains 2 hooks a length of angle iron and a bit of wood = a beer table. Can get away with it on an older van. LOL 

I'm a bell end
jef_mp View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jef_mp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 09 at 21:47
No idea why its so expensive, unless i'm missing something.  Wouldn't mind seeing what the genuine vw one looks like though
dancingbear View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dancingbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 09 at 19:30
yeah thats the kind of thing but the one i saw was much bigger - about 4/5 the size of the door card and in the sliding door... the one on ebay is opposite the door and my van has furniture in the way of that bit!  why is it so expensive? they say the cost includes fitting... £460 is just stupid money ..... thinking i'll just make one myself at the mo!
Eagles may soar... but weasels don't get sucked into engines!!!
jef_mp View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jef_mp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 09 at 18:16
rob64981 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob64981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 09 at 16:35
Is this just for the door panel?

Or does it include a table?

Would be very interested if it is the full unit.

More info please!!

Rob
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dancingbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 09 at 16:26
thanks for that... any chance of some pics / specs ???  you'd hope it'd be pretty clever for £400, although my wife only cost me £300 and she's not that clever!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heritagevancentre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 09 at 12:42

a little bit of both

Contact the van centre on 01373 855815 for all you needs , we dont just work for vw we also have a passion for them aswell , so give us a call , promotions on there way!!
Berisford View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berisford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 09 at 12:19
Is that expensive or a very clever bit of kit?
Senate Square, Helsinki, 12 June 1993.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heritagevancentre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 09 at 11:39

i think ive got it folding table side panel trim £387.65inc vat

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dancingbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 09 at 11:34
hi guys,

i remember some time ago seeing a table top stored in the sliding door of a velle...

i'd like one for my van now but i can't find one anywhere.... seems like a cool idea and not sure if i'll just have to make one myself.....

any ideas?
Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply