The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Whiter than white (Paint code question)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mat_the_cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whiter than white (Paint code question)
    Posted: 27 May 09 at 22:49
I need to do a spot of paintwork on my van, but I wondered if anyone had an idea of what the standard 'white' shade for a 1993 LT35 would be (paint code or name) My manual states there should be a plate with this information, but I can't find it!Confused
My attempts of a couple of years ago using white hammerite are far too white!

Mid engined, 6 cylinder, turbocharged 2 seater - it can only be a VW LT!
icky View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 09 at 23:17
i don't know offhand, but the "plate" is often a sticker on the bulkhead behind the drivers' seat - and if theres no bulkhead then on the panel infront of the driver
mat_the_cat View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mat_the_cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 09 at 23:41
Cheers, the owner's manual says under the dash, but I will check the bulkhead when it's light (and when I don't have a drink in my hand!)
petergeeky View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petergeeky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 09 at 00:10
If you get that paint code please post it here, I have a white LT and could do with a touch-up stick thingy (eventually a bucket full, but a touch-up for now will do!)

Cheers
Peter.
icky View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 09 at 01:44
If you haven't found it by next week, i've got an original brochure back home and i'm sure it'll be in that.

From memory I think its Alpine White.

Edited by icky - 28 May 09 at 01:44
Heritagevancentre View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heritagevancentre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 09 at 10:26
could be pastel white L90d 

touch up stick part number L  090 D01  £2.78
spray can part number L  090 D03  £5.62
or

grey white L902
touch up stick part number L  090 201  £2.78
spray can part number L  090 203  £5.62
i might be able to find out what colour it is if you supply me with a chassis number

Edited by Heritagevancentre - 28 May 09 at 10:29
Contact the van centre on 01373 855815 for all you needs , we dont just work for vw we also have a passion for them aswell , so give us a call , promotions on there way!!
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mat_the_cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 09 at 11:21
Excellent, thanks! My chassis no. is WV2ZZZ21ZRH003104, pastel white sounds more like it but I may need a few cans...
It's more of a temporary* 'get it all the same colour' job before I roller(!) the lower half with Rustoleum blue.
*My temporary jobs tend to last for a while, so would be nice to have a good colour match!
Heritagevancentre View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heritagevancentre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 09 at 12:10
yeah thats come up , its grey white !! Wink
Contact the van centre on 01373 855815 for all you needs , we dont just work for vw we also have a passion for them aswell , so give us a call , promotions on there way!!
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mat_the_cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 09 at 12:48
SmileJust ordered two cans from Jake! Hopefully be with me in time for the weekend, fingers crossed. If yours is grey white as well Peter, they have one more can in stock!
Andy Mel View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 09 at 19:56
Sorry to hi-jack the thread!!
Does anyone know what the colour of the interior panels would have been when they came out of the factory? In the rear of my van its had a nasty paint job done by the previous owner, but in places you can see where it used to be a cream / grey sort of colour - is there a specific paint code available?
Thanks guys - any hints gratefully received..

Andy
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mat_the_cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 09 at 12:37
Sorry Andy - can't help with your query, but the cans of paint arrived in good time and look to be the right colour too! Cheers guys, I'm sure I'll be using you again...

Not had chance to do any spraying yet, I've been busy doing things like this to pass the MOT.

Bit lumpy and bumpy along the back edge, but it's strong enough.
 Post Reply Post Reply