The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Engine Upgrades
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

golf 1z TDi immobiliser wiring

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 09 at 19:28
diagnostic plug can any one tell me where it would have been ? As I have now pulled all the wireing out of the car and have not found it .
But did find the immobiliser grrrrCensored
There must be a better way
Full Throttle View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full Throttle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 09 at 23:32
My diagnosic plug was near the gearstick in the plastic house stuff.
Some are in the front dash area.

Suspect an adapter plate will be required to fit to a ford gearbox.
iow View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 09 at 10:32
Some one did say it would be by the ash tray but nothing there did not have any wires go around the gearstiock. I have one plug that was by the servo under the bonet 6 pin but it does not fit my code read/writer ?
I have had to make adapter plate to fit OMC bell houseing also had to put ring gear on the other side of flywheel to run a starter coming in from engine side rather than gear box mounting 
iow View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 09 at 17:40
OK found it any one know where to conect the wires to on fuse box ? woops
APdiesel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APdiesel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 09 at 23:00
water and electrics don't mix, go for a mechanical pump.
iow View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 09 at 11:28
well yes this is true but when you look around all engines have some electrics most have ecu's .
Had to laugh fly by wire and they have a cable doing it lol
Still looking to find where the di wires go ??
APdiesel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APdiesel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 09 at 22:28
Bin the fly by wire pump. Fit a mechanical pump = no problem with electrics
The only electrics needed is a wire to the solenoid and alternator.
No ecu messing around with.
Produces good 30-40 mpg

iow View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 09 at 22:48
that pump is used for the Transporter non turbo I think I don't think it would work on TDI
iow View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 09 at 00:56
Looked into the mechanical pump they do do one for the turbo tdi but have to get adapter plate to fit it. Plus with the ECU pump you have more scope to get more power out of the engine by remaping. On a good note I have the engine running on the workshop floor thanks to this posting the wireing is not that much of a problem to sort and have lot's of dry room on the boat
iow View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 09 at 14:33
Well all working fine had boat out for test what a good engine almost made for the job can any one point me to a ECU wiring diagram or tell me where the rev counter is taken from ?
As would like to try and link it to the boat one .
Thank's again to you all could not have done this engine change with out your help
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full Throttle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 09 at 08:29
Mine was taken from the original tdi alternator, i connected mine to the original t3 diesel clocks.
wiring diagram for 1z tdi http://www.haywood-sullivan.com/vanagon/TDI/1996_Jetta_TDI_wiring_LONG4.pdf
iow View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 09 at 14:57
does it not come from ECU ? Mine seems to as have run it a few times with the alternator off and rev counter still works on VW clocks ?
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full Throttle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 09 at 10:46
I dont think so,  will have a look and confirm, has been a while since i looked at it.
The ecu may use the crank sensor for the golf tacho instead of the alternator.
Which might explain why it works without the alternator connected.
iow View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 09 at 17:26
Has any one had a problem reprograming the ECU after bypassing clocks ?
I am logging into the ECU and it gives me the ECU info then tell me to pull fuse 12 and turn back on ? but then it just keeps repeating ???
crewpad View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crewpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 10 at 16:40
hi... the wiring diagram links dont seen to work. does anybody have them? cheers.
chips dips chains n whips....
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full Throttle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 10 at 22:47
I just clicked on the link and it still works. Smile
crewpad View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crewpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 10 at 17:23
now mine is working.... i think my laptop was being a knob. cheers.
T3di View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3di Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 10 at 17:53
No you were right it didn't work on that day 

crewpad View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crewpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 10 at 20:00

ahhh .....Big smile not mine then.

crewpad View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crewpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 10 at 16:42
how important is the diagnostic plug? its the only bit i dont have......
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>