The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Engine Upgrades
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

golf 1z TDi immobiliser wiring

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3di Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 10 at 18:49
Its as important as vagcom. Without communication you'll eventually be stuffed!
It is only 3 wires though, and only one of those goes to the ecu I think, so easy enough to fit one, particularly if your loom isn't fitted yet??

crewpad View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crewpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 10 at 19:52
ok..... now ive got to find one.. cheers dude.
chips dips chains n whips....
shrek View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 10 at 21:11
pin 61 of ecu is for the data link plug not sure of others prob just earth and live that is for 1z though
crewpad View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crewpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 10 at 15:17
cool... can anyone tell me what the diagnostic plug looks like? what colour the plug is or even what colour wires are on it(i now know about the grey/white one) i might have it but im not sure. the hard thing is im trying to work from a jetta ecu diagramm..... i cant find a 95 golf one but ive been told they are the same. ....cheers.
iow View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 10 at 15:29
Hi it is a oblong black the wires on mine when I did the boat.  it had a brown =earth red/yellow dig + grey/white = data/ecu and a red =+ .
I found to use code reader or laptop to rewriite to ecu had to not have + disconected could be some lee way in this as when I took loom out of car to put in boat I cut the plug off by mistake lol
There must be a better way
crewpad View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crewpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 10 at 19:05
cheers dude. ill hunt through the crap ive got to see if its there..... fingers crossed.
T3di View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3di Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 10 at 20:24
google search for OBDII connector you'll get the idea
Also on the ross tech site it shows you where they lurk on some vw models, ie behind a blank on dash near steering wheel or down near the handbrake.

crewpad View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crewpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 10 at 20:30
cool... ill do it now. cheers.
T3di View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3di Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 10 at 20:34
Quite a nice touch I thought  about doing would be to have the vagcom lead conncted to the OBD plug permanently and run it in tidy so you just have a small usb socket showing wherever you want it to be in the van, a bit like the obd locations on factory vws.

But I couldn't be arsed Big smile

crewpad View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crewpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 10 at 20:46
yikes... i thought it was a small little thing, not 16 pins lol . ill have another look through my pile of wires and see if its there, i dont think it is.... any ideas where i an get a wiring diagram for a 95 tdi golf? thats my other headache.
syncrodoug View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syncrodoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 10 at 20:56
Get yourself a copy of ELSAWIN.....http://www.manuals-on-disc.com/elsawin3.61full.htm
crewpad View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crewpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 10 at 21:15

looks interesting.... does it have a a diagram for the ecu, diagnostic plug and all the engine bits? cheers.

Beelzibus View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beelzibus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 10 at 21:23
Crewpad, I've just done a complete 1Z conversion, can offer a diagram and point you in the direction of the diagnostics plug, PM me for a number to call me on. If you want a quick hand, cheers Andy.
iow View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 10 at 21:30
think mine was next to rear window switch in center of dash that's why it got cut did not see it behinf plastic blanking pannel lol
There must be a better way
crewpad View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crewpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 10 at 15:35
ITS ALIVEBig smileBig smileBig smile........ im well chuffed. starts straight away and runs sweet.just got a bit of tidying to do and sort the pipework. thanks for all your help people beers at the bar for yawl.
kooldubs View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
I'M STILL HERE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kooldubs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 10 at 15:54
ere boy..none of this imaginary beers,, i want a proper cider...bey!!

nice one my friend...spot on...
86 t3 doka & 2001 T4 2.5 TDI
shrek View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 10 at 21:06
hi everyone just got a audi 1.9 tdi ahu 1997 p reg starting without clocks and hear is how i found it.
immobiliser unit box is white not black i have no pin numbers but wire's are two that go to the key reader are in there own plastic cover and the others are as follows

1--green and black go to ecu pin number 61
2--black is ignition fed
3-- green and red diagnostic socket
4-- red and black go to the clocks

red and black goes to yellow connector of clocks and the other connector is blue and the same colour wire on the blue connector need to put these together the wire keeps going to little bulb and then from the bulb the colour changes to green and brown then that wire goes to the engine ecu and the pin number is 48 hope this helps it worked for me it must be a signal wire as it goes up and down between 0.8v to 2.3v hope this helps some one as i used this post to help me along  i know its a bit different but it might help some one Big smile
IF ONLY IT WOULD GO RIGHT EVERY TIME ???
Tinman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 10 at 10:15
I've got to pick up a golf 1z 1996, the key is missing!! will I be able to get it to run??
ThanksBig smile
Full Throttle View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full Throttle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 10 at 08:10
No, the key has a little chip in it, and the transducer on the steering coloumn reads the chip.
You should be able to get a new key easily enough if you have the cars documents.

VW Nerd View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VW Nerd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 10 at 09:42
I lost the key from my tdi conversion car, but found a local guy who managed to create a new chip from the immobiliser black box which he pluged into his lap top and got out the chip info.

So it can be done. My van now starts and runs using this new chip.
Developing parts for the VW T3 TDI market Inc flipped audi gearbox install parts.

Tim Shettle
www.ultimate-engineering.co.uk
Bristol

Tel/txt 07810 320 464

AFN TDI Panel Van
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>