The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T4 Section. > T4 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

t4 petrol engine mpg

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rufikopf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: t4 petrol engine mpg
    Posted: 23 Apr 09 at 16:47
Hi 
I am thinking of buying a 1992 t4 with a 2.5 litre 5 cylinder petrol engine. 
Does anyone know fuel economy figures, official or actual if you own one - I can't find them on the net?
Thank you
n4pad View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n4pad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 09 at 20:13
Hi ive got a t4 KARMANN GIPSY with the 2.5 5 cylinder engine fitted and it averaged 18 mpg on a 450k trip.Wasnt hanging around and carring a lot of weight,so a normal T4 should be in the mid 20's. Hope this is of some help.Karl
adyjoad View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adyjoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 09 at 20:46
I've got a caravelle, I get 22-23mpg towing or 28 if I take it easy, which is hard.
Rooster View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 09 at 17:18
I have the 2.5 petrol 1996 Caravelle .  MPG on a run keeping my speed down,  I actualy got 35.mpg  Most of the time is was 25.;  Just had Steve at gasure put an LPG sustem in and get 19 to 23 depending on how I drive.  Gas is 52.9 in Sheffield and I get free parking.  23 = 46 mpg eqivalent if gas is half the price of petrol or diesel.Smile
andyluffs View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyluffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 09 at 19:42
I've got a 2.5 syncro caravelle and get abouT3 mpg, not good but not mega shit really given the weight of it!
FIGHT APATHY! I would but I just can't be arsed

http://www.rmctf.org.uk/
andyluffs View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyluffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 09 at 20:50
Originally posted by Rooster Rooster wrote:

I have the 2.5 petrol 1996 Caravelle .  MPG on a run keeping my speed down,  I actualy got 35.mpg  Most of the time is was 25.;  Just had Steve at gasure put an LPG sustem in and get 19 to 23 depending on how I drive.  Gas is 52.9 in Sheffield and I get free parking.  23 = 46 mpg eqivalent if gas is half the price of petrol or diesel.Smile

If you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for the conversion?  been thinking about this myself.

andyluffs View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyluffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 09 at 07:28
swear filter!
Should say 2 5 mpg!

Rooster View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 09 at 08:24
Hi.  Look up Gasure in the web.  Steve offers some options so price depends on what and where you want it fitting.  He knows his T3 and T4s and I rate him highly.  I have had him do two conversions and bought a converted van of him as well.  Expect arround £1200 but it's worth it if you dod the milage or get free parking as I do in Sheffield.
auto-photos View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote auto-photos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 09 at 00:02
mines 2 5 - 30 mpg

on gas does 50mpg petrol equivilent price
Rooster View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rooster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 09 at 07:59
Hi.  What system do you have as the best I have been able to get is 23 mpg My one is the inductiion system open loop.
 Post Reply Post Reply