Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Westfalia forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fiamma Awning

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak
Baxters Chocolate Star Boy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holydiver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fiamma Awning
    Posted: 06 Apr 09 at 13:41
I'm looking to buy a fiamma awning for the van and not sure what size to go for, either 3Mts or 3.5Mts.
What size do most people fit to their westy's??
Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 09 at 13:54
stretch661 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stretch661 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 09 at 20:38
2.5m is the perfect fit, rear air vent to back edge of front door
Red Westie View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Westie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 09 at 13:56
2.5 looks best....but 3 meters gives a little extra cover to the sliding door when raining.
I've got a 2.5meter and love it.
Waiting for the ferry last year.

Edited by Red Westie - 07 Apr 09 at 13:58
shelly
Holydiver View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holydiver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 09 at 17:24
Think you're right on that 3Mts looks and would be good, mind you would 3.5Mts give you cover over the cab doors??

Nice looking van, must get my bumpers colour coded!!
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Westie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 09 at 22:51
sbbfuk
The awning in the picture is a 2.5 metre F45i Fiamma NOT a 3 metre...sorry if I didn't make it clear.

A 3 metre F45i would go further over the front door and gives slightly more cover to the sliding door but does not look quite as nice fitted.

Martin
shelly
Zeb View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 09 at 23:14
Hi Red Westy

What are the roof rack bars you have on your van ? I'm looking for the most practical and attractive looking option and what you seem to have there looks spot on.

Cheers

Zeb
1990 Westfalia California 1.6TD
Holydiver View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holydiver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 09 at 08:31
Cheers Red westy
No it was clean now that I read it correctly, need to slow down some times.
Glad I've seen your photo because a 3.5 would to long, think I'll go for a 3M one but might consider a 2.5M as yours look good.

My local caravan shop has a new last years one in silver for £300? good price for new but more than I want to spend sadly, might have to go this route because there's not much on e-bay over the last couple of weeks.
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Westie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 09 at 14:54

I did the same as you...looked for second hand but after 8 months ended up buying new.

The weak pound against the Euro isn't helping either...prices are definately higher since I bought mine....£300 is pretty cheap compared to most places I've seen (agent Fiamma etc) don't forget you have to buy a fitting kit as well which is another £50.
Martin
shelly
Holydiver View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holydiver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 09 at 13:55
Thanks for all the info people.
Took the plunge at the weekend and got a nice new one for £300 and it was in silver too.
It's 3Mts long bloody hell 2.5 would of been better what was I thinking of when I said 3.5????

Just need to order brackets now.
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Westie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 09 at 15:15
Nice one....you won't regret it...one of the most useful accessaries for a T3.
A quick note* about the small bolts that fix the brackets to the awning (use the nut on the inside of the awning) otherwise it catches the poptop. These do have to be drilled through the back of the awning so make sure they don't interfere with the mechanism inside (note where my brackets are located)
Martin
shelly
Holydiver View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holydiver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 09 at 17:26
Cheers for the info Red westie
 Post Reply Post Reply