The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A dual mass flywheel question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kawolsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 10 at 08:16
Originally posted by fanaticstuart fanaticstuart wrote:

also complained about steering clonk but was told its the column and there is no fix ?.

there is a fix. replace the bit thats clonking!
fanaticstuart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanaticstuart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 10 at 20:47
Thing is clonk isnt that bad and if its doing no damage should i bother the service manager (who told me i obviously knew what i was talking about and it was the people who turn up with a print out from some forum diagnosing their problems that annoyed him tee hee not a good time to mention the brick yard then !)
LOL
Works for me.
gregozedobe View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregozedobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 10 at 12:50

....... and it was the people who turn up with a print out from some forum diagnosing their problems that annoyed him tee hee

Maybe the reason he gets annoyed is because thanks to forums like this one the customer  sometimes knows :
1  Exactly what the problem (and solution) is (which drastically reduces their "wriggle" room and deniability)
2  That it is NOT a figment of their imagination
3  They won't be fobbed off with the old chestnut "Oh, that's normal, they all do that"
4  That they expect the service desk jockey to actually get their van FIXED under warranty
5  More about this particular issue than the desk jockey does
6  That there has already been a full scale "campaign" to fix this issue in another country

CLONKY View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLONKY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 10 at 14:21

Thing is clonk isnt that bad and if its doing no damage should i bother the service manager (who told me i obviously knew what i was talking about and it was the people who turn up with a print out from some forum diagnosing their problems that annoyed him tee hee not a good time to mention the brick yard then !)
LOL
Works for me.

He's annoyed because warranty work is a money making machine for the dealership.
  The preferred way for the dealership is to follow procedures and use plenty of parts bin technology on route to a long, slow path to rectifying a fault. All the time VW is footing the bill and it is giving the service dept plenty of work.
  Providing  the dealer with the solution puts them in a quandry- do they repair it, or do they still go through the money making procedure first. The danger with the latter is that the customer complains to VW that the fix required 3 visits and a load of wasted parts when he knew what the cause was all along.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12