The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Engine Upgrades
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Project, 1Z TDI install.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VW Nerd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 11 at 10:41
This is the set up that I run at the moment for my gear linkage on the gear stick end, which gives me all the gears in the correct order and also a lockout for reverse gear.

Although the UN1 is a 5 speed gear box I used the 4 speed gear stick arrangement from the VW T3 as this gave the best results with the gear shift pattern on the UN1 (namely reverse along side of second and 5th along side of 3rd)

I hope to build a cable linkage kit to see if this gives any improvement over the shift rod set up.

Edited by VW Nerd - 15 Oct 11 at 10:44
Developing parts for the VW T3 TDI market Inc flipped audi gearbox install parts.

Tim Shettle
www.ultimate-engineering.co.uk
Bristol

Tel/txt 07810 320 464

AFN TDI Panel Van
VW Nerd View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VW Nerd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 11 at 10:38
I have added little rubber boots onto my rear gear linkage rose joint as there are some signs of wear caused by road grim flying about and sticking to the moving parts of my gear linkage and grinding it down.

Developing parts for the VW T3 TDI market Inc flipped audi gearbox install parts.

Tim Shettle
Bristol

Tel/txt 07810 320 464

AFN TDI Panel Van
Pecha View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pecha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 16 at 09:44
Thank you for idea. Works perfectly on my UN1- just will have to modify guard box under the shifter- otherwise I cant shift in 5th and reverse.

Thank you!

Edited by Pecha - 26 Sep 16 at 09:46
www.vwt3.lv
mr.janis.petersons@gmail.com

VW T3, 2.0 ADY + UN1
VW Nerd View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VW Nerd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 16 at 10:32
Nice work. I would suggest that you fit either the rubber boots over the rose joints or apply a heavy coating of grease to keep the road spray and dust sticking to your linkage which in time will cause stiffness.

Tim.

Tim Shettle
Bristol

Tel/txt 07810 320 464

AFN TDI Panel Van
Pecha View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pecha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 16 at 11:53
Are these specific rubber parts that are used for joint like that or you used
something "stock" and modified to fit?

Edited by Pecha - 26 Sep 16 at 12:11
www.vwt3.lv

VW T3, 2.0 ADY + UN1
VW Nerd View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VW Nerd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 16 at 12:15
These are proper rubber boots for the joints. Ask your supplier if they sell them.

Tim Shettle
Bristol

Tel/txt 07810 320 464

AFN TDI Panel Van
Pecha View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pecha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 16 at 12:18
Thanks mate!
Much appreciated
www.vwt3.lv

VW T3, 2.0 ADY + UN1
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567