The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crafter Alarm Fault

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter mccrea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crafter Alarm Fault
    Posted: 22 Dec 08 at 22:33
Hello.

'Tis my first post here, and I've had a bit of a search about to see if anything has been posted before. 

I've got a 06 Plate Crafter, which comes with the standard fit VW Thatcham Alarm/Imobiliser. The problem is the damn Alarm keeps going off for no apparent reason. I've tried disconnecting the battery to try and silence it, but it keeps going as it's got some sort of back up supply. There's no obvious trigger, and once it's going, you cant silence it with the keyfob or any other method. 

So I thought I'd post on here and see if anyone has any thoughts or issues! The neighbours don't like me for having a van to start with, but one with a dodgy alarm....

Cheers,
Pete.
VWstealer View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VWstealer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 08 at 12:06
When we jump-start 'flat' batteries on Crafters the alarm often goes off and does not respond when trying to switch it off, is low battery voltage a possibility?  If not you may wish to try 'disabling' the interior monitoring sensors, switch for this is up by the interior light switches.
The Greatest Trick The Devil Ever Pulled Was Convincing The World He Did Not Exist...
 Post Reply Post Reply