Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > Syncro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Free Vibrator!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak
official aa mascot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Free Vibrator!!
    Posted: 19 Dec 08 at 10:05
2 weeks ago the ScoobyVelle developed a vibration that would collapse a house.
Captain Know Everything from Huddersfield immediately said it was the prop (and that was at 45 miles distance) and advised dropping the prop - Aiden also pitched in with brilliant help and advice - thanks.
Off came the prop and it all went very quiet, calm and economical - the handling however, all turned to worms and the van became very skittish especially on wet roads and leaves whereas previously it had only ever faltered on a huge diesel slick on the A57.
Eventually I manage to get the prop into GKN yesterday morning at about 0930.
They said they would get fixed or build a new one, whichever was the best/most economical route.
Called this morning at 10 am to be told - it's ready - refurbed with new joints, rubber doughnut ok as is all else - has been tested and rebalanced all for the princely sum of £54.
Subject to testing on the van I think that is one hell of a service - so thanks GKN!
T3 Westy, T3 Syncro (the ScoobyVelle), New Beetle Cab, 2 x Polos - I have too many projects
Ghia View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Nesh

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 08 at 12:33
Sounds like a good deal. Think I might have to send mine there too.. phone number?
MG
rogerthecat View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
official aa mascot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 08 at 15:17
GKN Driveline Service Ltd
Industrial & Distribution Services,
Higher Woodcroft,
LEEK,
ST13 5QF
T : 01538384278
F : 01538371265
T3 Westy, T3 Syncro (the ScoobyVelle), New Beetle Cab, 2 x Polos - I have too many projects
Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 08 at 16:29
There's a branch in the Midlands as well Mike if it helps.
Vanorak
Vanorak
official aa mascot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 08 at 16:40
I keep forgetting he's gone all "Home Counties" now!
Picking it up Monday morning and refitting Monday night so will post my findings.

Steve, not sure all branches do the same things - called the Brum branch (Ta Mr B for the number) but they referred me to Leek for propshafts.

Edited by rogerthecat - 20 Dec 08 at 16:42
slobbo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slobbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 08 at 22:44
Flippen heck that's cheap.  I bought my UJs from Baxter and got a local mob to fit them.  Cost a whole lot more than £54 and that's not even balanced.  
Cheers

Rob.
Vanorak
Vanorak
official aa mascot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 08 at 23:04
Bolted back up in 10 mins, sweet as a nut.
Gets a 50 mile test drive when I go fetch the olds back to our house for Christmas.
ocyar View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ocyar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 08 at 14:27
Thanks for info. need to get mine done in the new year.
Vanorak
Vanorak
official aa mascot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 08 at 16:05
ScoobyVelle ran beautifully - only the slightest vibration at about 40mph but it is wonderful to have the surefooted 4wd again.
 Post Reply Post Reply