Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Bus Park
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

crew cab / double cab / doka

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 24>
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 08 at 17:28
Originally posted by T3ADICT T3ADICT wrote:

was it orignaly a lhd?

how much fun was the bulk head to take out? ive got to do that soon to mine.
was it orignaly double door?

yeah used to be a lefty! cutted the bulk head out by using those "plasma" cutting disks, there really thin! so cut as close to the b pillars as possible and around the seat boxes then when it comes free stick on a grinding disk and dig out the spot and tacks then pick of with a flat screwdriver. looks tidy with no dents or damage!
UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
Duxforddubz View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duxforddubz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 08 at 17:28
 Looking good rowlsey, all motors have there little secrets!, what you doing with the bulkhead, if your not putting it back in, can i have first dibs on it, or t3adicts, andy
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 08 at 17:31
Originally posted by curtis_caddy curtis_caddy wrote:

Looking good rowlsey, all motors have there little secrets!, what you doing with the bulkhead, if your not putting it back in, can i have first dibs on it, or t3adicts, andy

you seriously wont be able to re-fit one as it get cut about alot! you bend whack and twist it out of shape to get em out!LOL

Duxforddubz View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duxforddubz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 08 at 17:35
 No problem then, mine was 'loose' in ours so came out straight, they make a neat replacement panel for a caddy bulkhead, Wink
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 08 at 17:56
well the missus disrupted my day by breaking her water bowser! so had to go and rescue her! fuckin women!LOL

finished tidying the bulk head off and chopped up one of me seat bases for the merc seats! jesus how much crap do they stick under those things!! ratchets hinges electrics every where! mad i tell thee!

so stripped the old seat base and started cuttin it down to fit under seat

and bobs your aunti fits like a glove!! mmmmm comfy! didnt take many pics cos it was quite a ball ache to make it sit propper! so i'll take a pic next time to show you all how i did it!!

rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 08 at 17:40
still fettlin the interior got rear bench kindof done! doin door cars at the mo as no-one will sell me some black-uns! welded floor up too! should keep out the draughts! pics when its done!

ELVIS View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Silence is golden, gaffa tape is silver

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ELVIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 08 at 17:48
vwtrim do a whole set including rears , padded vinyl -  £100 posted .
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 08 at 17:51
ooooooh! interesting! thinking of finishing mine off and start looking for a nice tri-star interior? the whole shebang!

rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 09 at 18:12
been fetling over the xmas hols and so far got it to here!

a few more pics of the seat bases

made up the rear bench from a shortened velle base and a few lengths of 25mm rhs

and not shown.... the rear of the back supports are another 2 lengths of 25mm rhs which tucks over lip on the bottom and bolts to the main box across rear of the crewie

looks like this

just need to make up speaker boxes for either side and fix side bolsters and seatbelts.
so far only made 4 holes to hold that lot in so as not to have brackets and welded bits all over the shop!

prepped floor for welding!

and cut out some abortion LOL

welded  exhaust back on in a sensible fashion!! was looking round for a nice exhaust but could only find stupid priced or corsa only!!

looks tidier and still isnt too loud! also fitted them postoffice lights i bought of baxter many years ago! cant rush these things!

rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 09 at 17:46
porcshe rims are on!!

now saving up for a nice lowering kit!!

kooldubs View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
I'M STILL HERE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kooldubs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 09 at 18:33
Thumbs Up top job . keep it coming...insperation is what i need ...either that or im a lazy git..LOL
86 t3 doka & 2001 T4 2.5 TDI
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 09 at 17:37
Originally posted by kooldubs kooldubs wrote:

Thumbs Up top job . keep it coming...insperation is what i need ...either that or im a lazy git..LOL

*cough -lazy git- cough* LOL

and i won a carb with choke flaps so hopefully make it a bit betterer to drive!Wink

kooldubs View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
I'M STILL HERE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kooldubs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 09 at 18:55
ere rowsley..did you say you had a new load bed put on by previous owner...can you possibly find out where he got it from m8..
kooldubs View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
I'M STILL HERE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kooldubs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 09 at 18:56
Originally posted by rowlesy rowlesy wrote:

*cough -lazy git- cough* LOL

and i won a carb with choke flaps so hopefully make it a bit betterer to drive!Wink

oh and having flaps makes you a bitch...woman..LOLLOLLOL
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 09 at 18:20

ere rowsley..did you say you had a new load bed put on by previous owner...can you possibly find out where he got it from m8..

aint tellin now!  LOL

Griff71 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Griff71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 09 at 22:17
Come on Rowlesley, spread trhe word where did he get the new load bed from?  I am due to start hacking away at mine shortly.  Any info would be great!

Wicked job you are doing keep it up.  Take a look at mine, fitted with 2.5 Subaru motor, f***ing flies, just need to get that front down another 80mm (so much for 80mm being max drop).  Give me a shout if i can help with anything.

Thanks

Griff
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 09 at 18:11
was told gsf do em but you need about six sheets to cover the bed? so ca only assume there split/bay load area floor halves! similar profile an all that checked on my mates split bus!

grif your doka looks familiar!! you local to me?

rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 09 at 17:33
spent a whole day messin with this.............

bastard job! make up new brackets cables and swap all the jets coz the Ebay muppet didnt know what he was sellin! (should of guessed that by now tho eh?) runs eventually but still need a service kit fer the pinto coz im sure its only running on 3? (at the end of the day its a shit ford engine thats running points and condenser so in my opinion its no better atm as a fuckin bay!) still looking into a 2.0l 16v mk3 golf lump or a nice vr6 would be good! wonder if the autobox would put up with that!

painted me dash and mounted the rev counter! (retro fit ....nearly!)

get it fitted and sort the service out and take it fer a blat!!!

finnie View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 09 at 19:36
how is that wiper arrangement made ?????? Looks uber coolSmile
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 09 at 17:52
Originally posted by finnie finnie wrote:

how is that wiper arrangement made ?????? Looks uber coolSmile

by bodging weldig and hitting stuff by the looks of it!LOL wana buy it?Wink as vw intended being fitted soon !

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 24>