The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

lt mods

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balamih Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: lt mods
    Posted: 04 Dec 08 at 15:51
 HI, I,ve got an lt 28 diesel panel van 1994 swb. I  would like to drop the rear end as its got that sit up and beg look,also like to fit some wide wheels/tyres. Anybody know the max width combination .My rear springs are 1300mm long ,ive heard 1200mm should fit that would drop the back down, exspensive to buy.or see local blacksmith  to alter originals? You never see tricked up lt vans at any shows ! anyone got ideas?
AndyT View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 08 at 20:16
Hi, and welcome to the LT Section

There's been a fair amount of discussion on wheels and tyres, and without some complicated engineering on the wheels its not possible. Standard wheels even if they fit can't cope with the weight of an LT and tyres are limited because of the weight as well.

Several people have tinkered with suspension so I'm sure this is possible but don't know how.

I think the old topics you need are in the Crafter Forum, if I can find them I'll PM you the links. In the meantime try searching the other forum for old posts.

Andy
LT28 1979 2.0 Pampas Nevada Camper LPG 93K, 1980 T3 A/C Camper 98K,1994 RRC 3.9 LPG 120k , 1998 Audi A6 Est 2.5 V6 diesel 127k

Post Reply Post Reply