The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

engine temp sensor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speshulbrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: engine temp sensor
    Posted: 02 Nov 08 at 17:39
the engine temp lite keeps flashing on my van ,it stops on.if i turn the engine off then on straight away the lite stays off.the engine isnt overheating,it did this travelling rite across europe with no adverse effects,could it be a dicky sensor?dont even know where its fitted?anyone had this problem,Its a 2.4 d     non turbo,91 reg LT           spesh  Cry
mike38 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 08 at 19:23
The little red light on the temp gauge is for low water and i think high temp mine started flashing when i lost a small amount of water the sender is on the top of the expansion tank its connected with 2 wires you can unscrew the sender its 2 small rods try giving them a clean maybe and the connections.

Mike
Speshulbrew View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speshulbrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 08 at 20:04
cheers mike38  will have a luk tomorrow        regards spesh
AudioWizard View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AudioWizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 08 at 23:36
Originally posted by mike38 mike38 wrote:

The little red light on the temp gauge is for low water and i think high temp mine started flashing when i lost a small amount of water the sender is on the top of the expansion tank its connected with 2 wires you can unscrew the sender its 2 small rods try giving them a clean maybe and the connections.

Mike

Do you know where this sensor should be connected to Mike? I have the sensor but it has no wires on it so would be good to hook it back up to the appropriate location
1997 T4 1.9TD - Self-Build Camper in progress
mike38 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 08 at 14:03
from the top of my head the wires come from the passenger side of the engine bay with the temp sender wires that goto the head it should have a square plug on the end with a rubber boot.You can just see the wire and the direction it goes in this pic .

Mike

Edited by mike38 - 12 Nov 08 at 14:10
AudioWizard View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AudioWizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 08 at 18:34

Wow - I wish mine was that neat! Thanks Mike - will check it out this weekend and see if I can find it.

1997 T4 1.9TD - Self-Build Camper in progress
 Post Reply Post Reply