FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

800 special?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
max5765 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max5765 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 800 special?
    Posted: 23 Dec 08 at 19:56
800 special 1.9d, 800 special 1.9td and 888 special 2.5tdi 88bhp were all based on the 800kg payload swb T4. When the first 800 specials 1.9D vans were launched (94 i think but not to sure) they were only available in Grey White, Paprika Red & Indian Blue. They had the following as standard kit that was optional on the regular T4's. Single cab seats with armrests, half height steel bulkhead, rubber load mat in rear, tailgate with wash / wipe. Dual passenger seats were never available on the 1st vehicles as we (dealers) were told that 3 people in the cab could overload the front axle. The 2nd phase with the 1.9td engines could be ordered in any colour on the factory list, dual passenger seats could be ordered as could twin rear doors, other than that they were the same spec as the phase 1's. The 3rd phase 888 specials had the 2.5tdi 88 bhp engine as standard and the later spec Caravelle fronts (long Nose) with white front indicators, cruise control, elec windows and mirrors. The badges on the rear stating 800 or 888 special were dealer fits and a lot never actually got fitted. These probably ended up adorning a lot of Snap-On toolboxes.
Is it really that sad that I know such BSWink
MAX c/o www.amf-bruns.de

Take note.....the Blue Moon's Rising.....
Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 08 at 09:10
Originally posted by Baxter Baxter wrote:

Badge should say "800, not very special"

800 kg payload, 1/2 bulkhead, single front seat.

Don't quote me on that.

d'oh!

Embarrassed

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

http://www.tee3.co.uk/
robbydoo View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 08 at 07:53
my 800 (not very)special has half a bulkhead twin passenger seat,drivers arm rests,and a gas guzzlin 1.9 td abl bag o shite...................and a flashin oil light
1985 LT40 2.4TD Coach built Pioneer Diamond
1983 1.9DG Autosleeper
Noncompusmentis View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noncompusmentis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 08 at 12:42
Originally posted by brickvan brickvan wrote:

is there any engine mods for this engine? for a few more bhp's?

See this thread here:

http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=31748

Just off j35 M1.
brickvan View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brickvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 08 at 11:23
ok.. well mine has twin passenger seat, drivers captain seat, half rear bulkhead, and that's about it.

It's a 1.9td which i'm happy with as have been used to T3's, is there any engine mods for this engine? for a few more bhp's?

vdubnut View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vdubnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 08 at 09:00
Originally posted by Noncompusmentis Noncompusmentis wrote:

Originally posted by monsho monsho wrote:

do know they have the long nose front end...

Nope

My 800 special has a sort nose.

It's a 1.9td (888 special is the 88bhp 2.5tdi)

It has single seats up front, with arm rests.

But other than that... I dunno if there is anything else 'special' about it. I dunno what the standard 1.9td's came with in terms of interior trim etc.

Exactly the same for me!
Mine is an 800 special and theres nowt special about it at the moment LOL. As Baxter says 800kg load carrying capacity and a nice red badge!
As far as I am aware they are all 1.9TDs (ABL engine code)

Mine has two passenger seats and no arm rests up front. Drivers seat is not a captains chair but just a normal single seat (and uncomfy one at that)
monsho View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monsho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 08 at 00:52
I know nowt!
Noncompusmentis View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noncompusmentis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 08 at 22:33
Originally posted by monsho monsho wrote:

Nope

My 800 special has a sort nose.

It's a 1.9td (888 special is the 88bhp 2.5tdi)

It has single seats up front, with arm rests.

But other than that... I dunno if there is anything else 'special' about it. I dunno what the standard 1.9td's came with in terms of interior trim etc.
Just off j35 M1.
Baxter View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Scruff Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 08 at 21:55
Badge should say "800, not very special"

800 kg payload, 1/2 bulkhead, single front seat.

Don't quote me on that.
monsho View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monsho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 08 at 21:53
its spesshchul Wink

Baxter will be along and tell yer, he's got one...

brickvan View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brickvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 08 at 20:13
Hello, just bought a t4, it's an 800 special, can anyone explain what the 800 special means? is it to do with load weight or suspension? thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply