The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

fiting of rear seats T5

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dancingbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 08 at 09:36
for anyone who is interested, i retrofitted a double seat between the wheel arches of my lwb combi.... removing the bolts from the front was entertaining with a full fuel tank which had to be dropped slightly, but if you can get a ramp and a strong mate to help it takes 30 mins tops.   for fitting, a cautious but confident approach with a sharp drill and some careful measuring seemed to work fine... the flooring diagram above proved very useful!... ouyt of interest i was quoted £500 for someone else to do this work... it took less that 3 hrs all told! ...........and cost nowt!
Eagles may soar... but weasels don't get sucked into engines!!!
fozzy T5 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fozzy T5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 08 at 17:29
Only trouble is if you tell the insurance company they will want some kind of reciept to prove they are fitted to a decent safety standard, i could have fitted mine myself but i went to a coach builder and got a certificate to prove they they are fitted properly, im not saying yours insn't just be carefule, if you have a bump and the insurance guy pays a visit, he would invalid your insurance.
dancingbear View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dancingbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 08 at 18:01
thanks for that fozzy.... getting some seat belts fitted soon so will get onto it
cheers
Eagles may soar... but weasels don't get sucked into engines!!!
max5765 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max5765 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 08 at 20:38

I supply bonded floor systems for the rear of vehicles to both mount seats on and clamp wheelchairs to. This type of system is proving very popular with convertors throughout Europe as they have a fully crash tested solution that meets all EU standards. In 90% of the cases a convertor will ask us for a certificate to show testing stations / VOSA etc. There is also many cases of insurance companies asking for this type of certificate to prove the installation is correct and meets the standards.  I appreciate you saved a fortune (£500) but you insurers will cost you more if you have a claim and the seats have ripped out of the floor, they will walk away from it. They will do anything to get out of paying. We have tested the SmartFloor in every vehicle supplied in the UK to full M1 standards with a 100% success rate. If you want more info check the web link at the bottom and go to the SmartFloor section. The days of supplying and installing after market seats are diminishing quickly.

MAX c/o www.amf-bruns.de

Take note.....the Blue Moon's Rising.....
Ian156 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian156 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 10 at 20:06
Any info on fitting seatbelts in the 3rd row position? Keep hitting brick walls for my panel van.
Brian Vantana. 60% of the time it works everytime!

2012 Subaru Impreza with a roof rack and tinted windows
2006 Rio Kia5 1.6 with heated seats and a remote start.
Jap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 10 at 16:22
SmileFozzy,
the drawings you show for retro fitting seats to a T5 are very interesting, are they from erwin?. Have 56 reg. T5 Transporter from which unsatisfactory camper sleeper etc. conversion i've removed, have T4 rear seats, 3 seat bench, 2 single rear seats with arm rests and all the bolts, including special mushroom VW bolts and seat belts, do you think the brackets mentioned in these drawings will allow me, or rather a recognized  pro, for reasons of insurance to install these. Talked to VW dealer this morning who found some of those numbers not  recognised, some where OK but in any event they are not immediately available in UK, as i'm in Chamonix in France now would order here, but would like to get correct reinforcements so chosen installer could get the work done ASAP. Maybe you may Know of possible list of French conversion companies.
All  help greatly appreciated,
Best Regards,
Jap
ps she's a LWB Transporter apparently code 7HHCO1 left hand sliding door with window and window opposite, metal panels at the rear. 
Adimix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adimix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 10 at 02:00
Hello.

I have a question.

I bought original, rear, triple bench for my VW T5 Panel van T28 (2005 y).

I have org. seatbelts and brackets. My question is: It's possible to fit in them without any problems?

I mean without extra drilling or floor cutting?

T5 PanelVan 2.5, 130 BHP. Converted to a kombi...
Onefut View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie
I like pink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Onefut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 10 at 10:47
I had to drill holes for mine
God whispers in our soul & speaks to our heart. When we don't have time to listen, He has to throw a brick.
It's our choice: Listen to the whisper or wait for the brick!
05 Shuttle SE 174 Auto LWB
Ian156 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian156 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 10 at 16:24
Originally posted by Adimix Adimix wrote:

Hello.

I have a question.

I bought original, rear, triple bench for my VW T5 Panel van T28 (2005 y).

I have org. seatbelts and brackets. My question is: It's possible to fit in them without any problems?

I mean without extra drilling or floor cutting?

Yes you have to drill holes in the floor for the seat rails to be bolted onto the chassis. Brackets are used on the underside of the floor to reinforce the areas around the rails. 

Once you strip off the plastic lining under the van you will see pre-drilled holes through one of the floor skins.
Brian Vantana. 60% of the time it works everytime!

2012 Subaru Impreza with a roof rack and tinted windows
2006 Rio Kia5 1.6 with heated seats and a remote start.
Heathy65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathy65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 13 at 11:42
Are the schematics in this thread for a SWB or LWB T5?

What are the seat fixing positions available in a Kombi vs a Shuttle, as standard (i.e. which of the mounts shown are fitted in each variation)?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12