The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Brickie's Arms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

OKTOBERFEST 3rd-5th Oct - Event Date: 03 Oct 08 - 05 Oct 08

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Courgette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 08 at 20:57
LOL
Originally posted by le rev le rev wrote:

[QUOTE=redcamper]Well this was with out a doubt the worse show I have attended in over twenty years, what a rip off,traders were poor, mainly clthes and tatt, no auto jumble, no entertainment, fireworks going off all night, lucky two of our vans never came as we could not fit the vans that did come on our pitch, the guy in the next pitch let us put one van on his pitch, real health and safety issues, £5 for kids, we cant leave them at home so we are ripped off, it was only a £5 cheaper than Vanfest and no where near as good, we wont go next year, this show is run for money only and not good for the scene.

we enjoyed everybit of it even the rain(good excuse to have a kip)
top show, we stayed on another nite, well worth it.
great company and worth seeing 1664 going don the zip wyre
A CLOSED MOUTH GATHERS NO FEET !
cooky73 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cooky73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 08 at 13:26
What was the BMX track like?

Last time I went it was full of rocks and drainage holes...
2003 Westy California TDi
patthebeast View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patthebeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 08 at 13:45
It was good the surface was fine, I didn't have a go but it was quite popular.  Theres a pic of it here: http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=31488

Edited by patthebeast - 08 Oct 08 at 13:47
vera1981 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vera1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 08 at 19:26
Oktoberfest sounded great. Can't believe I missed it, never mind hopefully they'll be next year??
Courgette View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Courgette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 08 at 10:04
I'll be going next year for sure, hopefully without the clutch mishaps Thumbs%20Up
tin top View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tin top Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 08 at 12:13
Originally posted by Courgette Courgette wrote:

hey tin top 

did ya have a bad head monday morn? not feeding you southern comfort in me van again, not after your breakdancin performanceLOLClapClapClap
Ha ha my head was rottern allday Dead i must stop dancing in vans Embarrassed
Courgette View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Courgette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 08 at 13:12
hee hee you piss head. managed to get the clutch done in bristol. nice lags at the old dub shop in Pill, you got a fan yet, or was it way to HOT Thumbs%20Up
spwd View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spwd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 08 at 23:13
I know you guys dont know me and the missus but we were with 80 90 and had an excellent time,we stayed an extra couple of nights so we could do the gorge etc and i had time to try and kill myself on the halfpipe on me bmx,and i believe there was a van still  on your pitches when we left on tuesday,who was that?

One thing i will say is that im glad i didnt turn up on sunday as 99% of the traders had gone really early and obviosly when they start to go everyone else does.it was really quiet at about 3pm which is pretty bad if you have come for the day i think,but im sure the organisers will sort this for next year,on the whole we thought it was great

cheers steve
tin top View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tin top Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 08 at 10:45
Originally posted by spwd spwd wrote:

i believe there was a van still  on your pitches when we left on tuesday,who was that?
Tis was meLOL
Courgette View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Courgette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 08 at 10:45
Originally posted by spwd spwd wrote:

I know you guys dont know me and the missus but we were with 80 90 and had an excellent time,we stayed an extra couple of nights so we could do the gorge etc and i had time to try and kill myself on the halfpipe on me bmx,and i believe there was a van still  on your pitches when we left on tuesday,who was that?

One thing i will say is that im glad i didnt turn up on sunday as 99% of the traders had gone really early and obviosly when they start to go everyone else does.it was really quiet at about 3pm which is pretty bad if you have come for the day i think,but im sure the organisers will sort this for next year,on the whole we thought it was great

cheers steve

Whos you on 80 90 ? we were with them and stayed on till monday
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678