The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Wheel help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

alloy wheel couriers?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miguel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: alloy wheel couriers?
    Posted: 01 Aug 08 at 17:21
I am sure G60steve posted a link  somewhere on here for a company that shipped alloys at a good price,blowed if I can find it now,here or using  Google,anyone know the company or provide the link?
Thanks Smile
badger View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 08 at 17:31
1989 Westy California 1.9 AAZ
T3ADICT View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3ADICT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 08 at 17:43
take care who you use... make sure its insured and you have the papers to prove it...

ive heard of a few sets of wheels going missing, one set went with an ebay seller that listed a wheel courier service on ebay.. they turned up on one of the other fourms i go on..

WHY T3's.... because they are just so adictive, and having one just aint enough
Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 08 at 17:44
Yep it was this one but not used them myself but Markpark has.

Also if it's just alloys with no tyres you could get them sent in pairs with www.senditnow.co.uk from £10.99 insured per parcel as long as they don't weigh more than 30kgs per parcel. The courier is Parcelforce.

Edited by g60steve - 01 Aug 08 at 17:46
T3ADICT View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3ADICT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 08 at 18:30
for just rims i often use the post office as a pair together is normaly 14 quid standard parcels..
i know its a bit more but if your like me you find it hard to be in the house waiting for a collection then royal mail can be an easy way..

WHY T3's.... because they are just so adictive, and having one just aint enough
miguel View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miguel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 08 at 19:14
That's the one
Thanks guys Big%20smile
BenA View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 08 at 19:42
How did you get on with these couriers?

I'm just trying to sort one out to collect some wheels for me - wondered what  the service was like.
Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 08 at 19:58
No probs here with Senditnow.
miguel View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miguel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 08 at 21:21
Hi,
Used senditnow in the end. Four wheels,centre caps and tyres (14 inch Carravelle-the round hole type) for £22 insured.
Had to send them in two parcels to get them in the size /weight limit and had an interesting time getting the seller to let the air out of the tyres(but air dunt weigh nofink mate)
Use senditnow a lot,they once lost an awning-although they compensation came through very quickly.They aren't exactly careful either I have seen them throw parcels in the back of the van with a lot of force even when they knew I was watchingShocked
Was going to use the other courier to send some 18" merc rims/tyres out,but the guy came to collect them in the end,so haven't used them yet.
Senditnow (in fact Parcelforce) are generally very good,but
Insure it
Wrap it really really well
bannywhey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bannywhey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 10 at 21:26
Just bought these Rims off ebay. From a Audi S2 Coupe. Little damaged but wanted a cheap set with good tyres. Will put pics on the wheel fitment page when I have them on. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160395012272&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT  Going to give these guys a try on recommendation http://www.directcouriersolutions.co.uk/
Red Westy Atlantic Hi-Top. 1.9 TDI AFN. flipped passat.
Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 10 at 21:38
Holy thread revival!

Anyway...I used them before Christmas and they were excellent.
FedEx is the courier they use.

Edited by Steve B - 15 Jan 10 at 21:39
bannywhey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bannywhey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 10 at 10:40
Will book them today. Blimey 08 so noughties (God i hate that phrase)

Thanks,

S.
Red Westy Atlantic Hi-Top. 1.9 TDI AFN. flipped passat.
Armandeo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Armandeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 10 at 11:03
Good Morning Steve
Just a quick thank you for your advise on wheel courier, very helpful indeed.
Good things happen to good people. Enjoy life and help others if you can, it feels fabulous when you see the smile that says thank you so much, and most of all don't stand back and let it happen, HELP
kooldubs View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
I'M STILL HERE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kooldubs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 10 at 18:06
ask hutch on here....
86 t3 doka & 2001 T4 2.5 TDI
Armandeo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Armandeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 10 at 11:54
good morning the link you are looking for is  Direct Courier Solutions these are very good indeed

Edited by Armandeo - 04 Aug 10 at 12:09
Good things happen to good people. Enjoy life and help others if you can, it feels fabulous when you see the smile that says thank you so much, and most of all don't stand back and let it happen, HELP
Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 10 at 12:00
Are you connected to DCS by any chance Armandeo?

It certainly appears that way.
Armandeo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Armandeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 10 at 12:11
Sorry if that is the case, but I am not, I do like a bargin and this service is first class and cheap
 Post Reply Post Reply