The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

At Last, Rear speakers for my shuttle

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Copier Bloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: At Last, Rear speakers for my shuttle
    Posted: 29 Jun 08 at 17:16
It's been bugging me ages, the fact speakers are not fitted in the rear. Today i took the plunge and fitted some 375w 6X9, FLI's

First problem was where to locate them, my first choice was level with the rear seats (i believe the caravelles have them placed there). Unfortunately, when the rear seat was rolled forward, there was no room.

The only place i could find was just behind the seats, near side is fine,with loads of room behind the panel, but offside was tricky due to aux heater unit.

Decided to try the offside first, as if this failed i would just put blanks in to cover up my errors. Pulling off the seat belt capping, with the aid of a torch, you could just see there was enough room for these boys to fit. Be carefull of the to panel mounts and blower pipe of the aux heater. Drilled a pilot hole big enough for tape measure to fit through to see if i had enough depth, 8.5cm needed, 10cm depth available  Thumbs%20Up

Template on, marked out, four holes drilled, then with jig saw preceeded to cut Dead

Puppies fitted first time  Clap

After the tricky side done the nearside was a breeze

Wiring next, fairly straight forward as the panels are flexible, ran along bottom of panels, tucked up door sill and along the rear of the front seats. Connected up wiring from the head unit, running out the back of dash and under drivers side, removing the small panel in the foot well made it easy, ran the cables under foot plate to meet with other ends, connect hey presto.

Overall the job took two of us 2 1/2 hours, as always the difficult bit was drilling that first hole, but once we were underway all fairly straight forward.

Pleased with the job and the sound  Clap

'54, SWB shuttle, 130 auto, silver, tinted windows
Onefut View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie
I like pink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Onefut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 08 at 10:16
I fitted mine about a foot forward of where you've got yoursBig%20smile

God whispers in our soul & speaks to our heart. When we don't have time to listen, He has to throw a brick.
It's our choice: Listen to the whisper or wait for the brick!
05 Shuttle SE 174 Auto LWB
jan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 08 at 17:15
Has anyone put speakers higher up in the pannels  between the windows and rear door.
I was thinking about putting some there, any info would be nice...
2008 T5 2.5 130 lwb Taxi
jan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 08 at 00:02
I got my speakers in the same place in the end but could only fit 6X6 round ones as there are air con pipes behide the panal so no room for anything larger.
2008 T5 2.5 130 lwb Taxi
Onefut View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie
I like pink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Onefut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 08 at 10:03
Ive seen a panel somewhere to fit them in the rear door
its a complete panel with mouldings in it for 6x9's
think its German

God whispers in our soul & speaks to our heart. When we don't have time to listen, He has to throw a brick.
It's our choice: Listen to the whisper or wait for the brick!
05 Shuttle SE 174 Auto LWB
Copier Bloke View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Copier Bloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 08 at 07:43
[Ive seen a panel somewhere to fit them in the rear door
its a complete panel with mouldings in it for 6x9's
think its German )

Someone was selling these on ebay, haven't seen it for a while thou,

I was considering putting mine in the rear door but was put off by the prospect of feeding the cables, absolute mare of a job!!!
James Burton View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Burton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 08 at 00:21
Thanks for that , got a pair of 6x9 Infinitys that are getting a new home Thumbs%20Up
Of Travelling ...........
 Post Reply Post Reply