The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Bus Park
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Finally started on the interior........

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3surf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Finally started on the interior........
    Posted: 02 Jun 08 at 13:32
Spent this weekend sorting out the interior of the van! I had built an interior before the resto but since starting that we had twins so a redesign was needed to accomodate them! Confused. After scratching my head for weeks thinking Ill sell the van and buy a high top I came up with this idea for them to sleep on. Its a simple idea based on a parcel shelf where our feet can go underneath which i reckon will do until they get big enough to sleep out in the awning. I hope you like it! Massive thanks to the Brother in law for his enormous amount of help!!

Need to decide now what covering to do! I have always stained or varnished the woodwork before but it aint going to look right with the new paint job. Any ideas are welcome!
If It's Got Tits Or Wheel Nuts It'll Give You Trouble!!!
shapey View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shapey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 08 at 15:38
Thumbs%20Up like the way the bed folds down!

can you get in the back of the cupboards when the slider's open?

Edited by shapey - 02 Jun 08 at 15:38
T3surf View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3surf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 08 at 15:50
Thanks Shapey! Yes the plan is when I take it all apart again to finish it Ill be cutting doors in the back too. Already drawn where they are gonna go!
kooldubs View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
I'M STILL HERE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kooldubs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 08 at 18:06
nice one Si ..keep goinThumbs%20Up
86 t3 doka & 2001 T4 2.5 TDI
T3surf View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3surf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 08 at 11:44
Cheers Andy!
regthewedge View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regthewedge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 08 at 18:41
looks good but heavy??? laminate it- you look like you can handle it?Thumbs%20Up
fuzzywuzzywasawoman
T3surf View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3surf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 08 at 14:50
Cheers Reg, Nice idea. Like the sound of that!
T3Carl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3Carl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 08 at 08:43
like the idea with the bed looks cool would look good laminated
i hate chavs there i said it
hobbit View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hobbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 08 at 13:34
Thats a nice bit of woodworking!!Thumbs%20Up
T3surf View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3surf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 08 at 13:38
Cheers guys! We aint carpenters but have the tools and willing to give it a bash!
nimble View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nimble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 08 at 16:59
hello mate got any more pics would like to see how it all turned out!
Marlin View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 08 at 19:26
Thats very nice , wish I could do woodwork like thatCool

marc
milk n cheese View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote milk n cheese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 08 at 21:48
wondering if you have given any thought to how you will be securing the twins car seats, cant see seat belts yet.
"if it bends its funny - if it breaks its even funnier" (M&C 1994)
T3surf View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3surf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 08 at 09:39
Thanks guys! I will post some more pics up very soon. I have got hold of a double seat from a LDV convoy minibus complete with 2 integral 3 point belts.  I have welded a bracket to the front and it now bolts into the passenger seat box just like a buddy seat. It comes out easily when you get to site and sits in the awning as an extra seat! Later on I can weld the bracket to the back of the seat and turn it round as they get older. Ill put some pics of that up too. Worked a treat on the way down to Cornwall last week! 
Bluebays View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bluebays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 08 at 12:43

Top stuff, Like a lot Clap

deadly View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 08 at 14:49
That looks realy good the bed is clever...

Post some pics when you are finished

Dave
milk n cheese View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote milk n cheese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 08 at 17:36
sounds great, would love to see the seat in place
"if it bends its funny - if it breaks its even funnier" (M&C 1994)
 Post Reply Post Reply