Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Brickie's Arms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Your ultimate DoKa spec?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PROBATION
PROBATION
Messer.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poshbuggers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your ultimate DoKa spec?
    Posted: 12 Apr 08 at 12:34
With Mike posting all about his Tristar and the advent of summer (he says - when its hailstoning outside!) upon us I am planning this years mods to the DoKa.

I'm fancying a look somewhere between the Tristar and the military Bundeswehr ones but still toying with the practicalities of hardtop/tilt&bows/open etc

I want a roofrack, Carat front bumper (just got to paint it) with pods, bullbar, spots, spare wheel holder and provision for jerry cans, rope etc

At the moment its bare of accessories and bolt-ons bar the 'headache bar' behind the cab and running on 15" Pentas with big M/T tyres.

I'm even considering fitting some steels (16" Merc/15" T4) but still undecided.

I wonder - whats your spec for an ultimate T3 DoKa and why?
Ghia View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Nesh

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 08 at 16:44

The reason I got into syncros in the first place was trying to build a mega quick street 4WD Doka.

I learnt the hard way that you can't slam a syncro!

For me it'd probably start off as any garden variety RHD Doka. Then 4th door conversion with Tristar interior but seats in Leather. The usual carat bodykit but all trimmed for the Doka body, streamlined dropsides, a healthy drop with suspension but with track driving in mind. Porsche 18s, brakes, Audi RS2 motor with Porsche 996 C4 drivetrain (that's 4WD for anyone not into Porsches). Power steering, square headlights, project two fogs, tristar rear sliders, opening 1/4s but tinted. Electric mirrors, central locking and vast Alpine ICE

MG

flowervanman View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flowervanman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 08 at 18:56

ANYTHING!!!! Sold mine, only van I,ve ever sold and wished I hadn't

Ghia View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Nesh

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 08 at 22:00

I'd buy another... but I've got 4 vans already

MG

poshbuggers View Drop Down
PROBATION
PROBATION
Messer.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poshbuggers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 08 at 22:59
I'd love one to hoon around on the street with a 20v turbo in and a TDi for full on offroading but this one is going to have to be my compromise
goblin View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Watch out he's got a driving licence now

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 08 at 00:47

Black, syncro, 16" wheels, raised, good stereo (but not in a chav sense), full immobilizer and alarm, hard back, AAZ, underfloor guards, bull bar, good front spots, a sticker reading "attach stranded landy here"...oh and a tow bar (just incase)

BUT as I cannot drive YET this is only a dream. I turn 16 on Wednesday though so sometime over the year, maybe I could blag my dad into an early project.

A goblin is for life, not just for christmas!
Ghia View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Nesh

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 08 at 20:04

There's a Syncro 16 Doka being dismantled at Syncrospares right now. If you're quick you might be able to rescue the shell before CJ has his way with it .

MG

m666blp View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Dude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m666blp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 08 at 20:19
any doka , 1 rear door no rear windows , blue (light) with gunmetal details and wheels etc roof rails , low with 18s (borbet A's) and P zero's
A& P 8 pots front and 6 pots rear . ohlins suspension with a healthy drop and a RS6 510 hp v8 (tuned) and quattro drive train and a completly lightened and strenghthened shell .  square headlights and a hard tonneau cover to cut drag down . nice seats and a harness and 204 mph down the M6 and then no doubt jail or death.

mat.
goblin View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 08 at 20:40
Originally posted by Ghia Ghia wrote:

There's a Syncro 16 Doka being dismantled at Syncrospares right now. If you're quick you might be able to rescue the shell before CJ has his way with it .

MG

As much as I'd love to...can't afford it  Although it IS my 16th birthday on wednesday...anyone fancy getting me a present?

Stu Dapples View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Ebenezer Geezer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stu Dapples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 08 at 22:05
Originally posted by goblin goblin wrote:

Black, syncro, 16" wheels, raised, good stereo (but not in a chav sense), full immobilizer and alarm, hard back, AAZ, underfloor guards, bull bar, good front spots, a sticker reading "attach stranded landy here"...oh and a tow bar (just incase)

BUT as I cannot drive YET this is only a dream. I turn 16 on Wednesday though so sometime over the year, maybe I could blag my dad into an early project.

This may have been the answer:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1& ;item=150234110665&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=005

Was sorely tempted but Mrs. Dapples had the last word! Sounds like he needs it shifting quick though!

Baxter View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Scruff Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 08 at 22:19

What on earth happened in that engine bay?

How long must his boost pipes be if the intercooler is at the front!

goblin View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 08 at 23:33
Originally posted by Stu Dapples Stu Dapples wrote:

Originally posted by goblin goblin wrote:

This may have been the answer:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1& ; ;item=150234110665&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=005

Was sorely tempted but Mrs. Dapples had the last word! Sounds like he needs it shifting quick though!

Still can't afford it

johnb View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 08 at 23:35
Don't like that "previous owner cut the springs" comment.

Presume it has gun rack and peg for stetson
My van is better known in these parts than I am
goblin View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 08 at 23:36
Now dad it's not like my uncle Nicol's L200
shapey View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shapey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 08 at 11:10

when it's finished...this one'll do for me, ta!

http://vw-tristar.web.surftown.se/vw-tristar5.htm

Edited by shapey
Stu Dapples View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Ebenezer Geezer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stu Dapples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 08 at 17:26

Originally posted by johnb johnb wrote:

Don't like that "previous owner cut the springs" comment.

Presume it has gun rack and peg for stetson

Sounds about right! Dodgy as fook!

goblin View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 08 at 17:49
It's a dodgy van full stop. What I'd do is get a pretty rotten Doka, but get that aswell and pull the good bits (if any) off it.
Ghia View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Nesh

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 08 at 22:35

With the intercooler up front, you'd have so much turbo lag, the boost would just about have built up enough pressure by the time you'd finished your journey!

Patriks 2WD Tristar will be nice... lots of new bits going on there!

MG

Post Reply Post Reply