The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

buying 06 bilbos camper 2.75 what price?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delilah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: buying 06 bilbos camper 2.75 what price?
    Posted: 03 Mar 08 at 09:45

I have been offered a campervan bilbos conversion --on a t5  2006 2.75L TD caravelle base-- locally- with trip pc metallic paint & heater, it has a couple of scratches & upholstery ok but dogs have slept in it--drives ok as far as i can see--the  guy wants a quick sale -i dont know what is lowest non insulting offer i could make--the prices on the bilbos website for used campers seem ridiculously high --does anyone have a realistic lowest to highest price range can advise me on for for this van please  

I'm a new vw prospective convert- my mum had a type 2 baywindow i used to drive...deh

DOGSBREATH View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
gok wan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DOGSBREATH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 08 at 13:57
WE need to know more than that!   How many miles?  2.5PD -130PS or 174PS?. Short Wheelbase or Long? Without a picture its hard to say.......I would guess a start at £15000 but be ready just in case he punches you..... Its probably worth nearer £20k and some. Are you going to be paying VAT? Probably not if its private. Get it inspected before you buy..
T5camper View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5camper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 08 at 16:09
MMM (Motorhome Motorcaravan Monthly) have a large selection of small ads from people selling motorhomes privately.  I'm pretty sure there will be one or two Bilbo conversions of around that date to give you some idea of price.  That would be my starting point.   I think they have a website but don't know if the small ads appear on the website.
Autosleeper Trident 54 plate
Mutley View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mutley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 08 at 10:52

Which model of Bilbo? Celex, Nexa, Kombi? Whats the base vehicle? Does it have any extra's

Seller seems a bit confused to me - worth checking if its stolen - a two year old Bilbo would sell £25K - £30K or more if its a high spec.

In fact most campers have high second hand values compared to the base vehicle, but demand is strong. eg a 10 year old romahome on a Citreon is £12K but a 10 year old Citreon < £500.

Bilbo Celex campervan - T5 LWB 130 Tiptronic
delilah View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delilah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 08 at 08:26

thanks mutley i have gone & put a deposit on now!  the owners are 2 retired teachers in wales everyone in the village there seemed to know them when we drove around in it- they had booked a bigger murvey & were selling it to pay for that--so i am hoping it is on the level--

it is a july 2006 bilbos celex metallic green with  bilbo elevating roof, & diesel  heater  i dont know if that is standard on caravelle- also - has abs traction control a trip computer air con & 8.500  miles  still under warranty for 18 mths- it doesent have alloys parking sensors or a towbar- which i would like,  [will have to find best place to fit these-]-&  i cant even remember if it has a cd player- -- also has little t5 bumper protector pads on the front dont look as nice but i suppose saves bashing the main bumper - ooh & the engine size is 2.5 td the 174 version the most powerful one- it drives like a good  car to my surprise-- we agreed on 26k i hope this is ok for that spec... bilbos have same one used  previous yr's plate for 33K-

i wont be collectingit til late next week so could i supose do a hp & stolen check, my friend is a sort of mechanic  as a hobby  & rebuilds veteran cars--cit ro e ns --spelt right the website  changed this to  -'french filths'! -  he is coming with me so would look it over for me first-- hope pick up any probs, they live up a mountain so hopefully not a flood case-- all best deh

Edited by delilah
motoYAKA View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motoYAKA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 08 at 09:28

Congrats - sounds like a good one

Must see some pictures once you've collected it

-------- Life's a trip - take a paddle! --------
Mutley View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mutley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 08 at 11:00

Heck - it does sound good. Especially if its on a Carvelle base. I've not heard of that before - Bilbo's normally use a special base van direct from the factory so look forward to seeing the pictures.

If you're spending 26K, spend £20 on an HPI check for outstanding finance etc. Would be a shame to see the bailifs turn up and drive away your van....

http://www.hpicheck.com/newfrontend/

or even just a fiver from the RAC  http://www.rac.co.uk/web/vehiclechecks/status_checks/

Don't forget the piccies

Bilbo Celex campervan - T5 LWB 130 Tiptronic
delilah View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delilah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 08 at 11:15

thanks for the hp checker i was just about to look for one- suppose it verifies not stolen too? or is that a different search?- I was told by vw buff friends thhat the bilbos werent based on the panel van but a special van with the caravelle features but no rear seats etc i will try to find out more-I am assuming it is caravelle the owner said that too, all best deh

ps i used the rac one & everything has checked out right so far not nicked or hp on etc  i just have to get vin no & be sure is same one on engine- also i rang bilbos & they confirmed the seller had got it off them new

Edited by delilah
DavyT5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavyT5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 09 at 21:36
Hi

I have a Bilbos Nexa LWB T5 Tiptronic  2 years not regretted it one bit a great camper for two people go and get
Bilbo's Nexa LWB 130
DavyT5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavyT5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 09 at 21:48
must try and keep up and visit site more often ?? how is the van going
Bilbo's Nexa LWB 130
delilah View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delilah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 09 at 22:02
I havent been on the site for ages-- as had no probs with the  van,  i guess....-- though the towbar wiring is a bit of a mess so caravan lights not all working properly right now--and the euro sockets keep falling to bits that connect the caravan electrics.. --
j  I ust got a generator a honda today it is great for recharging/ running the camper electrics and mains socket  also running my various dog driers for the dog shows.. 
 Post Reply Post Reply