The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Bus Park
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Off sick,bored and armed with a camera

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3di Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Off sick,bored and armed with a camera
    Posted: 19 Feb 08 at 09:19
The vans in hibernation at the mo,and I'm off with a bad back,so until I give it a new fuel tank its nothing but a tool shed,and camera fodder...

the rest were shit,but got a couple of nice sky jobbies,its been mad past few days....

so I don't wander too off topic theres a T3 in this next one,its my neighbours.Yellow and red aircooled,I don't know if its a brickie's though.

mr bricolage View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr bricolage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 08 at 10:23
Yeah I was driving home yesterday and the light was absolutely amazing, unfortunately I got home too late to take any photos. However the SLR and tripod are in the back of the car today.
Euramobil Terestra
spg View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
ALIVE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 08 at 09:08

[QUOTE=T3di]The vans in hibernation at the mo,and I'm off with a bad back,so until I give it a new fuel tank its nothing but a tool shed,and camera fodder...

That was a bloody big set of steps you must have gone up to get that high 

1985 Fischer converted Syncro now running on LPG (sometimes)

1965 Split Panel (in bits)
T3di View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3di Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 08 at 14:10
nah we live on a hill,its the view from our house but zoomed in to the nice bits.

(peak district in distance)

rogerthecat View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
official aa mascot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 08 at 14:17
If i'd know you were taking photos I'd have waved.
You near Endcliffe Park?
T3 Westy, T3 Syncro (the ScoobyVelle), New Beetle Cab, 2 x Polos - I have too many projects
T3di View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3di Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 08 at 14:30
heh heh,used to live near Endcliffe Park,now live in Meersbrook.
Stranger still Paul,I've got a mate who I think you may know?-Jonathan Bramley?(tall lad,painter and decorator,wants to get T3),lives in Bradda'

Edited by T3di
Vanorak
Vanorak
official aa mascot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 08 at 14:48
I know Jonathan, yes.
Know the whole family, they live just down the road - spooky stuff eh?
Meersbrook, you are pretty close to Tim who frequents this forum and dropped in for a brew the other day.
Seems to be a thriving T3 population in these parts, Mark alias Pig Boy is close to you too adn I pulled up next to a Westy High Top the other day outside what used to be Wards brewery.
Cheers, Paul.
T3 Westy, T3 Syncro (the ScoobyVelle), New Beetle Cab, 2 x Polos - I have too many projects
T3di View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3di Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 08 at 15:00
spooky indeed!--I used to work with him at EPB,in Bamford.hopefully he'll get pointed in the right direction vanwise,between the two of us,he considered a beetle but back on track now!!
Yeah there are at least 7 T3s within half a mile of me!-and a bluestar occasionally pops past.
I know Tim he lives 2 roads acroos from me,and his nephew owns a T3 now too,ex splitty owner.
Do you know anything about charlie the yellow syncro down at
Bamford station garage?-they're taking years redoing the engine,and weren't interested in selling it when I asked a while back.

jon
Vanorak
Vanorak
official aa mascot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rogerthecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 08 at 15:15
Yep know the guy who owns the garage, John Smith!!
The Syncro belongs to his son Mark and I approached him a couple of years ago but he was adamant that he was restoring it!!
His words to me were "I'm going to put a new engine in it and see if that works, if not I'm scrapping it".
It has only moved from one side of the yard into the bushes in the past 3 years. I know it has had a hard life as it was owned by an outdoor centre before him and it is a panel van converted to a velle - it is in really bad condition now and I doubt Mark will get it running.
He can be very hard to communicate with since a very bad bike smash years ago which left him with some changes to his personality.
Will keep an eye out tonight as I pass through Sheff en route to Rotherham, again!!
 Post Reply Post Reply