The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BIG HELLO

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WOODBUTCHER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BIG HELLO
    Posted: 31 Dec 07 at 17:37

I'd just like to intro myself as a new forumite, Having just ordered my first T5 (LWB 130 OFF ROAD GREY). Carpenter for money, windsurfing to spend it on.The first upgrade will be wheels and then headlights ,What is the best (legal) option, from reading on this forum it seems HID's are a bit of a grey area, are caravelle units worth the cost?

roadmark69 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roadmark69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 07 at 18:24
You can get non genuine caravelle lights.Brickwerks can do these I think.
Mark Coates - Purveyor of mats for T3, T4 and T5 - E-mail - 07917542685
http://www.megavanmats.com/
Ex-car bloke View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ex-car bloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 07 at 18:41
Great forum name!!!

I'm a windsurfing furniture maker with a 174 SWB window van.

Welcome!

ECB           2006 SWB 174 window van
Freeley View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freeley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 08 at 12:48
Would that be the same wood butcher as on the flooring forum?
09 California 174 Tiptronic Storm Blue (with everything including the kitchen sink)!
61 T30 LWB PV 140 Pure Grey.
Dub4life View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dub4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 08 at 13:50

Welcome Woody!

Ex Chippie myself, gave in after 15yrs and got an teaching job!

Motexion, not cheap plywood!
Veedurb View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veedurb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 08 at 13:51
Welcome FNG.  Harr harr.
Mr Hedgehog View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Hedgehog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 08 at 20:31

HelloSmile

the velle lights are okay, I changed to velle lights and I run phillips vision plus bulbs so they are pretty good I guess out of 10 the would be a 7.5 IMHO

Jumped Ship to a Vito but I hear a 2021 T6 calling, only real difference is the Vito cab is more car like.
Alan View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 08 at 22:20

Hi woodbutcher, just like me then, new T5, windsurfer and new to this forum.  And I am also looking to do some work on the van - wheels, side rails, chrome bits etc.

WOODBUTCHER View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WOODBUTCHER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 08 at 16:45

Originally posted by Freeley Freeley wrote:

Damn it somebody with the same idea, no not me I'm on www.boards.co.uk windsurfing forum when I get the time only now I have to split it with brick-yard,What do flooring forumites talk about?

kernow View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kernow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 08 at 22:34

Hi woodbutcher good name , hope its not true .

Iam also a carpenter with an offroad grey 130 .

Where you from ? and what sort of woodbutchery do you practice

my bigest fear is that when I die the missus will sell my toys for what I said I paid for them
Freeley View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freeley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 08 at 23:59
Originally posted by WOODBUTCHER WOODBUTCHER wrote:

Originally posted by Freeley Freeley wrote:

Damn it somebody with the same idea, no not me I'm on www.boards.co.uk windsurfing forum when I get the time only now I have to split it with brick-yard,What do flooring forumites talk about?

Flooring mostly

Vans as well sometimes - trying to educate them in the ways of VW but they like their transits and mazdas.

09 California 174 Tiptronic Storm Blue (with everything including the kitchen sink)!
61 T30 LWB PV 140 Pure Grey.
WOODBUTCHER View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WOODBUTCHER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 08 at 17:19
Originally posted by kernow kernow wrote:

Hi woodbutcher good name , hope its not true .

Iam also a carpenter with an offroad grey 130 .

Where you from ? and what sort of woodbutchery do you practice

Housebashing at the moment, all aspects but do get some commercial now and then. Northampton based and luckily the furthest travel in the last 6years has been 20 miles each way.No doubt that will change now I've ordered new van!

Studioman View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Studioman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 08 at 17:25

Welcome Woody, sounds like you've got a beauty arriving soon...but remember to be speed-careful round Northampton if it's not a Kombi!

Post Reply Post Reply