The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Alloy Wheel choices...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepirate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 09 at 13:48

I'm in a similar situation,  been looking for some 20's to replace the standard 16's for some time now.  The only wheels that I really like are the "Cruize 258's"  which were for sale on ebay,  unfortuetly no one has any stock at the moment and there is no forecast!

I can't provide a ling or look at pictures on here as I'm away on HMS Illustrious,  our net access is limited due to bandwidth:-(

My van mod's are on hold until i return to Blighty!

Mark

BLACK T5 174TDI CUSTOM CAMPER
mozicheek View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mozicheek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 09 at 22:17
Having the windows, seats and springs installed on monThumbs Up next on the list will be wheels was thinking about getting these any thought's appreciated.. its white!!

Edited by mozicheek - 02 Jul 09 at 22:19
T30 2.5
blackvanman View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackvanman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 09 at 22:10
it depends what kind of look ur after. They look bling to me...i prefer more subtle look, actually that maroon one in the picture with the ABT alloys on looks smashin!
'09' 174 kombi, swb, pearl black
Acijai View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acijai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 09 at 20:01
Im just about to order some wheels for my van but since reading some comments on here it looks like i need to be looking with a little care and caution.
Im going to post a few links to some on flebay that i like and just wanted to know if anyone has ever dealt with this company or bought any of the wheels.
im looking to spend around £1000.00 including tyres.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/20-ALLOY-WHEELS-VOLKSWAGEN-T5-TRANSPORTER-XL-TYRES-A_W0QQitemZ140332037984QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET?hash=item20ac70f760&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1689|293%3A4|294%3A50

and

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/20-HAWKE-RS4-look-wheels-tyres-VW-transporter-T5-VAN_W0QQitemZ300320601403QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET?hash=item45ec80b53b&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1689|293%3A4|294%3A50

and

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/20-241-Alloy-wheels-Tyres-VW-T5-transporter_W0QQitemZ260439785422QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET?hash=item3ca36bbfce&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1689|293%3A4|294%3A50

Any thoughts on any of the wheels or companies will help towards me not wasting lots of £££ or if you know of any good companies to use!

Thanks!
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackvanman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 09 at 20:19
wow, those Hawke RS4 ones look nice. have heard lots of things on here about faults with alloy wheels so i would be very cautious with any of them. It's probably not what you want because they are only 18inch but i am going to get the bi-colour dakars from VW. 
Acijai View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acijai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 09 at 20:32
Blackvanman those bi-colour dakars are really nice but i am looking for a little bigger and they are £1500-00p with tyres according to Heritage! 
The Hawke RS4's are the ones i like the most out the above selection but i really dont want to order them until i am 100% sure about them them and the said company, i did notice the picture was taken outside a VW dealer but that means nothing really!

People shouldnt be allowed to sell dodgy alloys because it really is dangerous if there cracking and stuff not good when your doing 70mph down the motorway!

gb1m View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gb1m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 09 at 22:53
The one's you have put links to there are either diamond cut or polish and will inevitably corrode in most cases quite quickly, so you might wanna budget in a wheel refurb.
T5 174 kombi lwb
Acijai View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acijai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 09 at 12:24
gb1m many thanks for the information which has now just chucked a rather large spanner in the works Smile, are these diamond cut wheels that bad for corroding then, when your talking refurbs, how often will i have to do this?

Has anyone got any suggestions of wheels that are between 19 and 20inch around the £1000 mark that are from a reliable source and dont corrode after being on there 5 mins?
Surely thats not too much to ask, is it? Stern Smile

starsKEY View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsKEY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 09 at 17:26
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ihatesatnav/1689089002/

Cant seem to post a real pic, so look here at my wheels. OEM+ the only way to roll....
Its not Aircooled, It's Airconditioned.
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackvanman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 09 at 17:29
They look nice, which ones are they... very clean van btw!
kawolsky View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kawolsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 09 at 18:03
Nice mixer. I had one like that.. named her Liz after a customer!!
gb1m View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gb1m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 09 at 18:36
Originally posted by Acijai Acijai wrote:

gb1m many thanks for the information which has now just chucked a rather large spanner in the works Smile, are these diamond cut wheels that bad for corroding then, when your talking refurbs, how often will i have to do this?

Has anyone got any suggestions of wheels that are between 19 and 20inch around the £1000 mark that are from a reliable source and dont corrode after being on there 5 mins?
Surely thats not too much to ask, is it? Stern Smile

In the case of mine 6 months, just had them all refurbed at the cost of £470 for 5 alloys with a year guarantee. They look the dogs but boy are they a pain in the arse.
T5 174 kombi lwb
starsKEY View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starsKEY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 09 at 13:05
Ha.  Thats my old mans mixer. His motto would appear to be never buy shiny plant! It drank some easy start in the winter! 

My wheels are phase 2 Toureg Sports (19's) but in phase 1 drilling.  I had them refurbed though, so no diamond cut now. It lasted 6 months....
Its not Aircooled, It's Airconditioned.
Acijai View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acijai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 09 at 13:52

starsKEY thats a nice looking van!

gb1m, CHRIST! thats alot of money for 6 months use, i admit they do look amazing but thats just too much for me!
I think im gunna go leave the diamond cut for when i win lottery or somthing!

I was thinking of ordering these myabe...

Again thanks for all your help it greatly apprciated Smile

borg View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Bruce Almighty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote borg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 09 at 14:39
I just got some 18's for my T5, went for some genuine VW Dakar ones to avoid any issues, and didn't want to go to large with the wheels:-

Edited by borg - 14 Jul 09 at 14:40
BlackBeltBlakey View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackBeltBlakey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 09 at 14:49
Sweet Borg.  I'm assimilated.
Acijai View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acijai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 09 at 14:51

Nice, sweet looking van there borg! I keep thinking about VW wheels too, then you know the wheels will be good quality!

Arrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i just cant make up my mind!
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackvanman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 09 at 18:05
they look nice on ur van borg, is urs lowered?

what tyres did u go with?
mozicheek View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mozicheek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 09 at 20:18
Does anyone know the ratio of tyres to wheels, for example can you fit or do they make a tyre with a 55 profile to fit a 19"wheel, whenever you see wheels with tyres they have a 45 profile.. i could be talking crap but thought a slightly larger tyre would fill those big arches...Confused
T30 2.5
gb1m View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gb1m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 09 at 20:36
http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp?action=submit

get your profile wrong and your speedo and gearing will be out
T5 174 kombi lwb
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>