Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Brickie's Arms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

American hotrod

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Silence is golden, gaffa tape is silver

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ELVIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: American hotrod
    Posted: 13 Nov 07 at 00:23
just watching it now Boyd and his sidekick wayne/duane/whatever are complete f**kwits. especially duane , man management skills of a f**ktard , i think in any 'normal' workplace he would of got a feckin good hammering a long time ago
Www.justgiving.com/ELVIS-SUMMERS

Germman View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Vanarchist.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Germman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 07 at 14:08
  Dwane has his lighter side ...!  i wouldn't wanto work with him ..i f**kin kick the f**king head off him if he talked to me like that ! but boyd what a piece of work he is ,bet hes stabbed a few in the back to get ware he is over the years !  hides behind his Charity work ,but hes a 

Thats why all the good guys he had now work for foose .mike ,Thomas etc

http://picasaweb.google.com/germmanmark

Coventry near Vanarchy

*Wanted mint early AC STUFF*

crewie View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crewie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 07 at 14:47
I think foose was the inspiration behind most of boyds famous designs,he he worked for him for a long while .probably why theres so much bitterness between the two of them.
but your right boyd is a complete cock who laps up the fame and attention his cars bring him ,whist forgetting that its the skill ,experience and dedication of his employees that creates such cool machines.
bit like most bosses then .
As for dwane ,i like him . his no bullshit approach to management is spot on,theres nothing worse than getting a half hearted telling off from a limp wristed geeky little management type,when what you really need is a kick up the arse from some one you fear
ELVIS View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ELVIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 07 at 16:55

Originally posted by crewie crewie wrote:

As for dwane ,i like him . his no bullshit approach to management is spot on,theres nothing worse than getting a half hearted telling off from a limp wristed geeky little management type,when what you really need is a kick up the arse from some one you fear

how van you respect a manager whos style is abuse  , even when not 'telling off' ? he offers nothing constructive whats so-ever .i do not see and qualities of his i would adopt as amanger or want my manager to adopt ( unless my manager wanted a f**king good hoofing) 

crewie View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crewie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 07 at 17:47
ive worked in the motor trade since school and had a few bosses and managers like dwane and at times i wanted to smack em one ,but, productivity and general work place behavior was a hell of a lot better with them than without them.
one place i worked ,two of the painters would clock in in the morning then spend the whole morning in the pub because they knew the manager was too spineless to put a stop to it.
have you ever watched the series The Garage ,that jock bloke works the same way as dwane,"if you dont like it, get your tools and f*ck off" style.

ELVIS View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ELVIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 07 at 20:27
i think the whole reason 'the office' was written is quite obvious

busbuddy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote busbuddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 07 at 21:22

yeah, coz it's all real like

look round the garage when they are doing a mega super duper rush job and you will see another mega super duper rush job that has been in the series already or will feature later

If you were working on a rod that someone was paying you a fortune to build would you clock out and go home at 5  apart from charlie staying late and the odd night from the lads it's all 9-5 stuff.

crewie View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crewie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 07 at 21:37
id kinda worked that out all ready, as you say you can see other projects in the background.
so,do you reckon the time scales they say are bollocks as well???.........or is the whole thing a complete scripted sham....
just wonderin now

ELVIS View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ELVIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 07 at 21:50
dunno but his new mrs is worth a

crewie View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crewie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 07 at 21:53
mmmmm dunno ....
think i prefer the old one in accounts
cozzer View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cozzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 07 at 13:26
If I woz havin a rod built or custom done i'd prefer Foose's shop tbh, the Boyd's lot are not as pro as Foose in the way they buy alot of stuff in even like the rails and aftermarket speedos. I know it's slightly different but really, drilling holes after painting?WTF? and that bluear f**kin' bloke/kid whats his f**kin' problem, i'd kick his arse right out the door long before Boyd did. Foose's shop can do it for me, anyone lend me their credit card?
An Elephant Madness has Covered the Sun
wbx6dan View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wbx6dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 07 at 20:34

to put my ten penneth in boyd coddington may be a dick but he is responsible for some amazing hot rods over the past 30 years he is  very talented

however the bullshit american tv programmes are unwatchable and there is no skill involved everything is bought in and assembled in house that american chopper is the same!

better of watching scrapheap challenge with the lovely lisa rodgers

at least its real!

Azzaaaaaaaa.... View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Azzaaaaaaaa.... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 07 at 20:49
Mmmm.....Lisa rogers......Little minx methinks!!!!
Yea! What ever....!?
greyvanman View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greyvanman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 07 at 21:02
That's her stage name. Real name: Lisa F*ckslikeabunny
Riff-raff
newest member of the Cornish Urban National Terrorist Society. (C.U.N.T.S)
ELVIS View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ELVIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 07 at 21:22

Originally posted by Azzaaaaaaaa.... Azzaaaaaaaa.... wrote:

Mmmm.....Lisa rogers......Little minx methinks!!!!

if i was her dad i would still be bathing her

mr big stuff View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr big stuff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 07 at 11:06

dwane blows  hot and cold sometimes ok sometimes a t**ser

like most of us i guess

Post Reply Post Reply