Forum Home Forum Home > T4 Section. > T4 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Front door pockets with speakers.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Scruff Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Front door pockets with speakers.
    Posted: 29 Oct 07 at 23:17

Part numbers for front door pockets with speaker cut outs.

I have gone for "Flannel Grey" reckoned on these being more popular.

Prices are from ETKA, not been updated in a while though.

• Door pocket left - 701 867 131 E 7DE [£21.35]
  • Door pocket right - 701 867 132 E 7DE [£21.35]
  • Speakers grilles (x2) - 703 035 793 C U71 [£9.16 each]
  • Speaker mount left - 701 035 417 [£10.84]
  • Speaker mount right - 701 035 417 A [10.84]
  • Door pocket screws - N 904 02 (x30) [£0.13 each]

Speakers to fit these pods are 6.5" and can be raped from MKIII Golfs (they are a 1HO part number, meaning a Golf part number) If you want to put anything other than stock speakers in you will have to do a bit of butchery to the mounts, not impossible but can be fiddley, you just need a bit more room for the magnets.

Speaker size for dash speakers are 4"

Wires will need to be run from either the dah speaker or the head unit to the door, there are no handy already wired plugs in there im affraid.

Other colours are available, that nasty blue colour, or that worse beige colour.

tommo1664 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommo1664 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 09 at 09:44
Ive found a man in devon who sells these and carpets the lower door card as well very good and looks the dogs.......... for the info pm me ta ta

Edited by tommo1664 - 01 Nov 09 at 09:45
Feel the Stag!
andyluffs View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyluffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 09 at 15:43
The whole of the inside of my caravelle is 'that nasty blue colour', I don't like it either but I'm not changing the whole interior!
FIGHT APATHY! I would but I just can't be arsed

http://www.rmctf.org.uk/
spun View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 09 at 00:15
Does anyone know what the maximum depth of speakers can be put in these pockets? I've got some nice Dynaudios I'm looking to fit and wonder if it's worth getting the pockets?
techietone View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techietone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 09 at 10:56
I'm told that mk4 golf mounting adapters give you extra speaker depth but don't quote me on this one as i'm trying to do the same but haven't attacked it yet! Smile
2001 T4 800 Special 1.9td
Hannover View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hannover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 10 at 03:04
Do the original 4'' dash speakers use a universal type of mount or are they a special VW mount that needs to be butchered to accomodate other makes of same size speaker?
1997 T4 LWB HIGH-TOP CAMPER

2.5 TDI GEM/AZTEC CONVERSION
techietone View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techietone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 10 at 09:27
Originally posted by Hannover Hannover wrote:

Do the original 4'' dash speakers use a universal type of mount or are they a special VW mount that needs to be butchered to accomodate other makes of same size speaker?

I just bought new 4" speakers from halfords and they went straight in with a bit of cutting the thin plastic with a stanley knife. not a difficult job and they sound much better although still a bit tinny
2001 T4 800 Special 1.9td
jimbo View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 10 at 13:44
I dunno if i'm just fortunate, but my standard dash speakers are really good.  The electrics bloke that sorted out the rest of my speakers reckons they're blaupunkt as standard (?) don't care anyway cos they work well.
When there's always biscuits in the barrell, where's the fun in biscuits??
Hannover View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hannover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 10 at 23:57
Originally posted by Baxter Baxter wrote:

Part numbers for front door pockets with speaker cut outs.

I have gone for "Flannel Grey" reckoned on these being more popular.

Prices are from ETKA, not been updated in a while though.

• Door pocket left - 701 867 131 E 7DE [�21.35]
  • Door pocket right - 701 867 132 E 7DE [�21.35]
  • Speakers grilles (x2) - 703 035 793 C U71 [�9.16 each]
  • Speaker mount left - 701 035 417 [�10.84]
  • Speaker mount right - 701 035 417 A [10.84]

Do the above prices include VAT? They cost considerably more now than they did back in 2007. Breeze VW of Poole, Dorset sell a package containing all the above items on ebay at a cost of £138.50 including p&p. So that's £82.60 in 2007 & £138.50 in 2010.  A big jump in price.

Edited by Hannover - 25 Jul 10 at 04:05

Hannover View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hannover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 10 at 03:44
I havn't got the screws for fitting the door pockets. Does anyone know what type/size of screws are required? Thanks.

markalan2007 View Drop Down
Limited Access
Limited Access
the grumpy avenger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markalan2007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 10 at 19:01
find your local car paint supplier and buy a tin of black or grey bumper paint , buy the expensive choice of brushes and set to work . degrease first with a rag full of panell wipe it gives a grease free finish  and the brush marks disapear leaving a factory look finish  and the bonus is its dry in the hour ...LOL
Torkijo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Torkijo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 11 at 10:55

I havn't got the screws for fitting the door pockets. Does anyone know what type/size of screws are required? Thanks.

15 X 5mmx20mm self tapping
Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 11 at 11:21
Originally posted by Torkijo Torkijo wrote:

15 X 5mmx20mm self tapping

Posted: 20 Aug 10

Think he may have sorted them out by now....

LOL
donecan View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donecan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 11 at 13:06
Good for future reference though ey Wink
Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 11 at 17:05
In late 2012 maybe but they're self tappers for f'ck sake....
ghost123uk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghost123uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 18 at 15:01

Does anyone know where you can get the Caravelle door speaker grills from these days?
John - in Malpas, S. Cheshire
donecan View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donecan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 18 at 22:56
Realistically a breakers...try Cali Campers?
ghost123uk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghost123uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 18 at 07:32

Aye, Cali Campers do have them, but I'm reluctant to pay the £70 +P&P that they want for them Shocked
John - in Malpas, S. Cheshire
 Post Reply Post Reply