The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > Other VW > Caddy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Axle Flip

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RetroRyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Axle Flip
    Posted: 23 Jun 07 at 14:57

Can anyone help

I need to know how to flip my rear axle on a 89 Caddy Pickup to lower the back end.

Can't afford to send the axle away and would rather do it myself, but not quite sure how to go about it.

Thanks

Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 07 at 15:15
RetroRyan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RetroRyan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 07 at 17:20
Cheers mate, I'll give it a go
Stifflove View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stifflove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 08 at 20:03

Hi don't know if you have done this flip over yet? My mate has done his real easy just flipped it and turned it around bolted it back up and bought some rear shockers for a 1969 beetle and its fine he did this a few years ago and has had no problems.

Go get yours Stifflove
Duxforddubz View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duxforddubz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 08 at 13:41
 Retro ryan, i would recomend using one of als flipped axles through the caddy forum, i have fitted two of these, one on my caddy, the other to my lads, don't forget to turn the spring bolt round so the axle locates properly when replaced on top of spring. look at other axle flips and check if the wheel is still centrally placed in the wheel arch, many arn't, the axles from al will rectify this problem as the new spring perch is off set, hope this helps.
 Post Reply Post Reply