Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Brickie's Arms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWARNING german style plates

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 07 at 11:35
ANPR is great as long as its used/mixed with a bit of common sense, something which appears to be lacking in modern law enforcement.
I don't condone iffy plates as of course they are illegal but there is room for a bit of common sense and let be honest there are far greater crimes to spend resources on.   
Be aware that you don't have to be driving your vehicle to get busted for iffy plates, a friend just got done for it whilst the van was parked up and he was at work. Its a LWB T5 and he also got busted for the rear end overhanging another parking space by no more than 4 inches (wheels were well within) - whats goin on !!.
its currently awaiting a courtroom bunfight.
2011 camperjam tug and chug team member
CALLERS NEVER FAIL - DREAMERS USE E MAIL !!

Bristol Area-Tel 07721577612
rogerthecat View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
official aa mascot

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 07 at 17:30
have been shown some cutting edge number recognition stuff by a client who has an aircraft hangar full of geeks in Indonesia, all working on this stuff.

It is now so sophisticated that it only needs to be able to see a certain percentage of each letter and the extrapolates the data to create the full registration and then cross ref it to any data source you choose.

Gone are the days of covering the old RD400 teeny weeny reg plate in a bit of mud and going for a razz - hypothetically of course because I never went over 43mph your honour.
T3 Westy, T3 Syncro (the ScoobyVelle), New Beetle Cab, 2 x Polos - I have too many projects
mr bricolage View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 07 at 21:08
Originally posted by rogerthecat rogerthecat wrote:

Gone are the days of covering the old RD400 teeny weeny reg plate in a bit of mud and going for a razz - hypothetically of course because I never went over 43mph your honour.

In 1st! I rode my mates Rd500 once and swore I would never get on anything that quick again . When I used to ride as a despatch rider we used to squirt wd40 over the number plate. My plate was black before I got stopped

Edited by mr bricolage
Euramobil Terestra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123