FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closedfailed mot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Direct Link To This Post Topic: failed mot
    Posted: 25 Apr 07 at 21:08
van failed mot today  ....... 1. rear brake flexi's - no problem , 2. rear number plate lamps - they aren't there  ! - no problem though , 3. the passenger front side light is not working when the ignition is off but does work when the ignition is on  i thought they all did that ? like a parking light ?
sshhhh!! can you hear that?
PaulG View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 07 at 18:00

cjtommy,

Re: 3 above.  This sounds like what I wrestled with a couple of weeks ago...it's called dim dip headlights.  Try the search on here, but it goes something like this.  There are little seperate bulbs inside the headlights that stay on when you want to leave your lights on.  Make sure they both work.  Then, when the ignition is on the dip filaments in the headlights come on at half (approx?) brightness as well as the little bulbs.  Then, when you go on to dipped headlights they come on full brightness.  Then...main beam etc.

There are parking lights as well, but I can't remember how to switch 'em on.  It has something to do with the indicator stalk...it's been a long day... .

Dim dip baffled me for ages until a mate who is an MOT inspector explained it to me, and was only required on cars between certain years...it's quirky!

Good luck,

Paul.

Brick-Yard. Not a club, more a way of doing things. (Robert Fripp - kind of...)
 Post Reply Post Reply