The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Wheel help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Definitive "What wheels fit" thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 07 at 12:27

16" Granada Scorpio's

ET 37

205/55 Front  215/55 Rear

Centre lip needs removing to clear front hubs and washers/inserts needed for bolt holes (to stop nuts 'pulling through')

Lowered 45mm with AVO springs.

No probs with rubbing or slider.

Wolverhampton.
nanosecond View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nanosecond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 07 at 20:34

Here's mine...Granada Cosworth Alloys...lowered 50mm on AVO springs by you know who

It's not how far you fall, it's how you land
hobbit View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hobbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 07 at 21:52

Ford Granada Scorpio.

~15/6j/et38

~205/65/15R

No spacers or longer studs needed

Closed cap crome nuts on rear longer bolts up front

centre caps wont fit though.

Not the coolest or most stylish set of wheels but a cheap way of getting alloys on your van!!these were £40 of ebay for a set of five with virtualy new Kuhmo tyres..

ringonotts View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringonotts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 08 at 18:02

Mercedes 16 x 7.5j (ET41)

10mm spacers on rear
20mm spacers on front (probably get away with 15)
80mm conversion studs (perfect size)
60mm studs on rear (perfect size)
Lug holes drilled out to 14.5mm
Centre bores we fine.
Fitted with 215/55/16's

Thanks to this thread and help from others....

Ringo
Huge big LT Florida - its slow but its a Westie!
T3 Ben View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3 Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 08 at 10:16

porsche cayenne
7.5x17 with 53et
i'm using 25mm adapters and 215/50x17 tyres 95xl rating
lowered 70mm AVO with no clearance issues
speedo runs about a couple of mph slow at 60
side door opens with about 5mm of clearance to the wheel 

Edited by T3 Ben - 05 Mar 09 at 17:06
billen View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 08 at 15:42

VW passat wellington
7x15 et 37
205/55/15 94 rated will be changed for camping season to reinforced 97+
Lowered AVO 50mm springs
10mm spacers on front + conversion studs
20mm on back (This weekend) + longer studs
Clearance OK on front and back, 6mm on front has clearance issues
Speedo runs true
Original car tyres to squirmy for me as mentioned will be changed to proper van tyres before next MOT and camping season

Edited by billen - 20 Nov 08 at 15:44
billen
1.6TD Westy poptop. New van, same old problems

ELVIS View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Silence is golden, gaffa tape is silver

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ELVIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 08 at 22:49
Mercedes E class steelies
7 x 16 ET 31
205/65 16 commercials/extra load
lowered 50mm (AVO)

fit straight on,no interference (even on full lock) , no spacers/bolts/nuts need changing. Carefully checked radius of bolt seating and the OE vdub bolts/nuts and are spot on and fit perfectly/safely.

pic to follow

Edited by ELVIS - 26 Nov 08 at 22:49
wackos00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wackos00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 09 at 16:33

Merc 16's with 10mm spacers back and front, 60mm studs front and rear
Drilled the bolt holes to suit the studs, centre caps fit over greese caps no problem,
van not lowered at all,
no clearance issues anywhere.
Tyres 215 65R 16C so comercial tires, and were about £200 for all 4.

Edited by wackos00 - 30 Apr 09 at 08:45
twats1066 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twats1066 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 09 at 12:32

Hey all, Over the last few weeks iv been investigating what wheels to put on my 70mm lowered T3,

Well here it is!
Specs:
1.Lowered 70mm on AVO springs with bumperstops cut down on front and back
2.Porsche boxter turbo twist 18" solid spoke rims,ET52  9J 265 35 18 on the rear and ET50 7.5J 225 40 18 on the front
3.Non hubcentric spacers from ebay custom cut to 20mm on the rear and 17mm on the front bringing the Et on the rear to 32 and the Et on the front to 33. With this config the front wheels are about 4mm from the suspention unit when on full lock. Rears are also about 4mm away from inner arch.
4.Due to the wheels being wider at the rear, they fill the arches (horizontally) pretty much the same as the front.
Sliding door has 2mm clearence of the wheels, without needing any modification apart from moving the allan key nuts located at the bottom of the door.( i have attached a thin plastic sleeve from an A4 paper holder spine, just incase the door did skim the wheels. the door just lightly touches the rear tyre and acts like a damper to stop it slamming open as the tyre sits wider than the wheel!
5. Front centre cap did not fit, however i had some aluminium sleeves machined to let the porsche centre caps fit 20mm out and over the front wheel bearing.
6. NO WHEEL CONTACT AT ALL! This is true, I have done many tests as everyone told me you cannot fit 18s to a T3 lowered 70mm. I have driven it full jupe on some grass banks to test if i get arch contact, i have had the van parked so that the front left and rear right are parked up on high mounds, I then got out and rocked the van side to side so that the front right and rear left where up in the air, To conclude this test, the front tyres were the closest, however still cleared the arch by 2mm vertically, Close i admit but no contact, the rears were also fine.
7. With 5 of my mates, all men around 80KG! there was also no arch contact.
8. The ride seems fine, admitidly you do not wanna hit a rock in the road at 60 but for all intesive purposes it is not bumpy of uncomfortable. It does feel a bit floaty steering wise tho, however i have not had the wheel alignment done yet but booked in.

Any way, for me i love it! I think its a great combo and well chuffed with the job!
Mannlicher View Drop Down
PROBATION
PROBATION

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mannlicher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 09 at 15:53
Good bit of Photogrophy there mate, really dramatic with the reflection of pool of water
scottyinsw View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyinsw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 09 at 20:09

I fitted Porsche 17 x 8 cup 3 alloys

using adapters off ebay
205 50 tyres all round
Lowered and a bit off work done to the arches but sweet as a nut now.

white View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote white Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 09 at 21:00
OK - dont think these have been featured on this thread, so here goes..!

Audi A3 Sport Rims
5 x112
17 x 7.5
ET56 with 20mm spacers all round taking it down to 36
Im using 225/50/17's (factory tyres for these are 225/45/17 but they are not rated enough for a full trim westy)
Front greasecaps trimmed down
front centres opened out a lil bit
Stud conversion on front
Longer rears (60mm)

think thats everything (ask me if not)

Props to Garrick for advice & also Steve B & a couple of other brickies too!

Wink

Edited by white - 17 Aug 09 at 21:15
Steve B View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 09 at 21:05
Already been done by Tee3 but thanks for confirming which spacers were used.
white View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote white Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 09 at 21:14
Originally posted by Steve B Steve B wrote:

Already been done by Tee3 but thanks for confirming which spacers were used.

I meant done on this thread, but thanks for your vigilance steve Wink
LOL

Edited by white - 17 Aug 09 at 21:14
jamiegolf View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamiegolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 09 at 08:45
hey all, heres the wheels on my t3

Audi RS4 replica's
5 x112
18x8
5mm spacers all round
Im using 235/40/18 tyres,
Front greasecaps ground down
front centres opened out to 66 mm
Stud and nut conversion on front
Longer rear studs (60mm)
not sure of et??? #standard ride height (for now!!)
there out flush with the arches and i have no contact at all, the sliding door is fine too.

Edited by jamiegolf - 03 Oct 09 at 08:46
IanMills View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMills Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 09 at 12:56
Got these from e-bay for £40

From a Merc SL500

Tyre Size 225 x 55 x 16 wheels need a clean and new tyres, seems to fit ok although longer studs will be required, Van has been lowered by 70mm and no problems, although I have not driven van yet

cruz View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cruz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 09 at 13:52
Mercedes 16" E Class W211 Alloys

PCD 112
Width 7.5J
Offset 42
Front spacers 10mm
Rear spacers 20mm
Tyres 225/55/16
Longer rear studs and front stud conversion
Suspension needs a tad of grinding as wheels catch slightly on full lock

Fitted by Brickwerks

Edited by cruz - 11 Dec 10 at 17:56
Or_GazM View Drop Down
PROBATION
PROBATION

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Or_GazM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 09 at 19:24
Anyone ever consider LOAD ratings?????
Just as important on wheels as tyres!!!!! And the wider ya go...the more stress on the INSIDE of the rims....
cruz View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cruz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 09 at 21:07
Originally posted by Or_GazM Or_GazM wrote:

Yes

Originally posted by someone in the dark depths of the Brick Yard forum someone in the dark depths of the Brick Yard forum wrote:

Try to go for genuine Merc,Audi,Porsche etc as these have been made correctly and can handle the weight of a T3.

Edited by cruz - 25 Oct 09 at 21:08
Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 09 at 18:47
Originally posted by Or_GazM Or_GazM wrote:

Just as important on wheels as tyres!!!!! And the wider ya go...the more stress on the INSIDE of the rims....

Yes. And believe it or not, there isnt that much difference between a big Audi or Merc and a T3 on the scales!!!!!!!
Have you not noticed that quite a few people on here advise AGAINST the use of cheap ebay repros????? Thats the reason why.

A wide wheel on a performance car such as a Porsche/Merc or Audi will be stressed more than most T3s will ever stress them.

YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

http://www.tee3.co.uk/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>