The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Westfalia forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Filling With LPG for first time

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 16vmini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Filling With LPG for first time
    Posted: 18 Apr 11 at 08:24
for some reason i feel worried about it ! LOL

i have my two adaptors from gasure , they screw together fine , test screwed it into the LPG tank yesterday , and the two brass pegs seem to stop it going very tight...

is this ok ? i see there is a rubber grommet on the LPG tank , and you also have a o-ring on the gasure adaptor ..

will eveything be cool ? or will i blow the petrol station up ?

Matt
Chops View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 11 at 12:12
Yes, the pegs for the first adaptor will be close, or touching.  Don't worry about that.

If you're worried about filling it, then take it to your local Calor Gas stockist, for instance, then someone will fill it for you. 

I did this in Bristol when I filled it it for the first time.  Chap there said 'mate, if the nozzle goes on, you'll be gettin' some gas'.  I asked for 10 litres and then went and hid.  All was fine.

Before this I took my van to a Sainsburys and I was obviously doing something wrong when the nozzle flew out of my hand and smacked into the pump as I was fitting it...
16vmini View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 16vmini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 11 at 12:18
cheers ... thats all good to hear.

Matt
Gandalf View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gandalf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 11 at 12:24
Scared the crap out of me first time! Still struggle with getting the nozzle to connect - due in the main to the LPG tank being close to the floor. Give yerself plenty of elbow room at the pump - follow the destructions (sorry I meant instructions Wink) and all will go well.
89 Cali Pop Top
16vmini View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 16vmini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 11 at 12:33
Originally posted by Gandalf Gandalf wrote:

Scared the crap out of me first time! Still struggle with getting the nozzle to connect - due in the main to the LPG tank being close to the floor. Give yerself plenty of elbow room at the pump - follow the destructions (sorry I meant instructions Wink) and all will go well.

cheers ,i was worried about the height off the ground.

matt
simoncummins View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simoncummins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 11 at 21:31
I filled mine on my own this weekend always had someone else to do it in the past was putting it off as was worried like you about destroying petrol station but it was really easy just give it a go. There a few videos on youtube if you want to look, best of luck.
SteveS View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 11 at 21:57
Steve

Full Service, LPG conversions, Security and Camper Accessories.

martin25 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 11 at 08:28
i did mine with a fag hanging put me mouth

not lit though
16vmini View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 16vmini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 11 at 18:55
DONE !! thanks for the tips guys ...

did get my 10 year old to step out of the bus just in case :)

and took me the 2nd attempt as i somehow reset the pump so got a GOD like voice talking to me to put the pump back and try again !

cost about 8 quid to fill ... gauge now reads 80% (was reading about 10 )

going to see how well the fridge runs on gas.

Matt
Gandalf View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gandalf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 11 at 19:54
Clap
89 Cali Pop Top
Red Westie View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Westie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 11 at 01:37
As a side note...and probably why it took you 2 times...most pumps 'time out' so if you haven't connected the nozle and pressed the lever within a given time you have to replace the nozle back on the pump and start again.

Martin
shelly
 Post Reply Post Reply