The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Brickie's Arms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EU...in or out...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 26>
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danstervan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 18 at 20:25
A wee bump, just for posterity...

There are some classic lines archived in this twitter thread from some of the main players involved in Operation Clusterfeck. 

clift_d View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clift_d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 18 at 21:13
Thanks for passing that link on... it's a truly epic collection of the most shameful BS...

Cry

1988 1.6TD Westfalia Club Joker syncro
danstervan View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote danstervan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 18 at 22:29
No problem clift_d. Everyday just brings more and more to the fore.

I can't recall if I mentioned previously but I attended a talk given by Lord Kerr (who was heavily involved in writing Article 50). He basically said it is a coup that is happening.

Folk have worked out the most likely reason for all this shite is that the EU are beginning to clamp down on offshore tax havens and hidden wealth of ultra-elites that gained their money from decades of colonial exploitation, slavery and other illegal activity.
To protect their ill-gotten wealth these twats have managed to engineer the situation with the help of their mates in the compliant media to push what they want at all costs, exit EU to avoid scrutiny.
The feckin Electoral Commission hand out a paltry fine for criminal behavior in the campaigning. Like fining you a fiver for stealing a grand.
Democracy is fucked when the information the electorate get is so woefully inadequate in informing them of reality.
Vladizlav Surkov developed a strategy used by Vladimir Putin, which has been used since the EU referendum back in June 2016.

It is based on creating confusion by denying the electorate the factual information they need to properly inform their vote.
It also makes it impossible for any opposition to criticise the government since the opposition are as confused as the voters as to precisely what the government is doing.

By following just a few proper journalist one can be better informed.

This lass is like a dog with a bone.

This guy gets into the nitty gritty of it all too.

There's plenty room up here for sensible progressive folk if you want to make the move north. Thumbs Up
Noticing your current location, we've even got loads of eels up here for you cockneys. LOL

Edited by danstervan - 22 Nov 18 at 22:37
tellytubby View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tellytubby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 18 at 22:40
I am delighted that after nearly two years of negotiations we have come to a decisive agreement that there are things that we would like to agree about.  Which is not to say that we agree about anything as yet as that would be premature and subject to further negotiations, however the agreement that we may possibly agree about things is a huge step forward in this process.

I'm sure you'll all agree that this has been a fine use of our governments resources...

Mickyfin View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickyfin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 18 at 07:28
Whatever the outcome, I'm afraid the UK is done, finished, and will never return to the Great Britain it once was. Past soldiers are turning in their graves, they gave up their lives for nothing.< ="text/" ="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/3cf4c1f7//helpers/preHelper.js">
2011 VW Crafter 170 LWB HighT op 2.0TDi
Buttercup View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buttercup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 18 at 10:09
Originally posted by danstervan danstervan wrote:

No problem clift_d. Everyday just brings more and more to the fore.

I can't recall if I mentioned previously but I attended a talk given by Lord Kerr (who was heavily involved in writing Article 50). He basically said it is a coup that is happening.

Folk have worked out the most likely reason for all this shite is that the EU are beginning to clamp down on offshore tax havens and hidden wealth of ultra-elites that gained their money from decades of colonial exploitation, slavery and other illegal activity.
To protect their ill-gotten wealth these twats have managed to engineer the situation with the help of their mates in the compliant media to push what they want at all costs, exit EU to avoid scrutiny.
The feckin Electoral Commission hand out a paltry fine for criminal behavior in the campaigning. Like fining you a fiver for stealing a grand.
Democracy is fucked when the information the electorate get is so woefully inadequate in informing them of reality.
Vladizlav Surkov developed a strategy used by Vladimir Putin, which has been used since the EU referendum back in June 2016.

It is based on creating confusion by denying the electorate the factual information they need to properly inform their vote.
It also makes it impossible for any opposition to criticise the government since the opposition are as confused as the voters as to precisely what the government is doing.

That. Clap

If I can ever afford to finish my house, sell it, and then find a job back in the motherland, you'll find me near Aviemore.
I have a horrible feeling that jobs wont be that plentiful either though.
'89 LHD DoKa - Buttercup 2
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danstervan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 18 at 11:03
Originally posted by Buttercup Buttercup wrote:

If I can ever afford to finish my house, sell it, and then find a job back in the motherland, you'll find me near Aviemore.

The price you'd get for an unfinished house down there will probably buy you a reasonable finished house up here. Wink

Need more motivation to make the move. Read on.

https://twitter.com/davidschneider/status/1066373668492713984

https://twitter.com/Andrew_Adonis/status/1066403606600065024

There's plenty job potential up here in a variety of industries. Do you have a particular trade?

Buttercup View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buttercup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 18 at 12:45
Originally posted by danstervan danstervan wrote:

The price you'd get for an unfinished house down there will probably buy you a reasonable finished house up here. Wink

Need more motivation to make the move. Read on.

There's plenty job potential up here in a variety of industries. Do you have a particular trade?

Yes, I'm an engineer.

I'll do pretty much anything to earn a crust though. Nice B&B on the west coast would suit!
LOL
Sorry, we're getting off-topic a bit.

If there's another indyref, it may lead to an independent Scotland going back into Europe, if it can fund the buy-in.
'89 LHD DoKa - Buttercup 2
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danstervan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 18 at 10:43
FFS! Wacko
Strong and stable...Strong and stable...Strong and stable... Say something often enough to create the illusion of truth. LOL

----------------

Yes, I'm an engineer.
I'll do pretty much anything to earn a crust though. Nice B&B on the west coast would suit!
LOL
Sorry, we're getting off-topic a bit.

If there's another indyref, it may lead to an independent Scotland going back into Europe, if it can fund the buy-in.

There's a fair amount of employment opportunities for engineer type folk up here. Ranging from working for large corporate organisations in the Power and Telecommunications industries, across the spectrum to being self-employed and working in various small local garages. It really depends on what income you require, and the sort of life you want to live.
I wouldn't say this is off topic at all. It's actually very relevant as this political shitstorm continues it has an affect across society and peoples' livelihoods and their abilities to live, work, and love across the continent are being trashed.

In the meantime till you get back up the road, you could probably get a job as a politician down in the wonderful Kingdom of England. It seems to me there are opportunities for anyone with a pulse who isn't a raving psycho or sociopath. LOL

It's a big week for Scotland with the decisions in the courts. Monday went well, and a decision either way on Thursday is pretty much a win win.
andy1300gt View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy1300gt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 18 at 22:22
All in, or all out.....That's it. 

It's all rust in the end....

89 T3 Doka - AFN TDI
76 XJC 4.2 Daimler - Gone!
72 Austin 1300
donecan View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donecan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 18 at 07:39
I'll just leave this here...

clift_d View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clift_d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 18 at 11:13
That is absolutely amazing.
clift_d View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clift_d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 19 at 17:35
clift_d View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clift_d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 19 at 17:41
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danstervan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 19 at 19:57
Everything is fine... 

Rat leaving the sinking ship...

Ships leaving the sinking rat...

The 2008 financial crash was something like a 2% contraction in the UK economy.
"Mental May's Deal" is reckoned to offer a 6% contraction, with a No Deal crash out the EU coming in at 8%.

Anybody finally waking up to see the politicians that you thought were representing you and your country's best interest were just stringing you along all the time. Those puppet parasites and their corporate masters are just sucking you dry.

Edited by danstervan - 22 Jan 19 at 20:12
clift_d View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clift_d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 19 at 20:45
Quelle surprise.

Rees Mogg's investment company has been shifting assets to Dublin,, and Nigel Farage has made sure that his kids have all got EU passports, and was even spotted at the German embassy in 2016 apparently queuing up to apply for German citizenship.

Some people obviously don't believe enough in Brexit.  Censored
clift_d View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clift_d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 19 at 20:21
Drip, drip, drip...

Barclays are moving £190Bn of assets to Dublin, while Vodaphone, Visa and Muji are looking at moving their HQs to the EU. Nissan, Virgin Group and Siemens have all cancelled proposed UK investments meaning lost jobs and taxes, and these are just the ones we've heard about. Oh, and the European Medicines Agency closed this week with the loss of 900 UK jobs, and the European Banking Agency is bound to follow shortly.

At what point do you suppose the penny will drop...

T3ADICT View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3ADICT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 19 at 19:38
To be totally honest... there is way worse going on in the rest of the EU and has been going on before the EU exit decision here in the UK.

the 2008 crash again hit other parts of the EU way worse than us, some of which are still only now improving. Predictions are as the word says Predictions.. they have yet to happen and are not fact but conjecture.

in or out there will always be somebody that's not happy, there will always be somebody that thinks the grass is greener on the other side of the fence..

If a big chunk the people that have put So much effort into objecting to leaving the EU after the vote was cast, had put that much effort into Making the "REAL Facts" clear before hand then the could hold their heads up high now...  but sadly that is not the case.

bickering, insulting, twisting information and only thinking about themselves is what has got us to where we are today. 
 when a politician takes home a normal tax payers wage (ie not in the 40%bracket) and acts like they have publics interest (that all of the UK not just London)  then I may start to trust them.

those that keep pushing for another vote Just presume that it would go the other way if we had another vote.. they have not even thought that is could equally go even more the other way than it went the first time.

as a last point... pushing and pushing the idea that leaving will cause a crash.. makes it more likely, confidence that we can do this and come out of it better off not only gives a good impression of this country to the outside world, but also promotes self confidence.

Edited by T3ADICT - 07 Feb 19 at 19:48
WHY T3's.... because they are just so adictive, and having one just aint enough
clift_d View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clift_d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 19 at 22:17
Ah. The old 'believe more in Brexit' line. I'm sure you're right that the guys who would have had those extra jobs at Nissan Sunderland, which are now going to Japan, didn't believe enough and so got was coming to them. Or maybe Dyson didn't believe enough in Brexit? Or the workers at Panasonic or Sony?

And can we stop pretending that what was said by the two campaigns was in some way equivalent. The leave campaign lied their asses off - '£350 million a week for the NHS', 'it will be the easiest deal in history', '77 million Turks on their way to Britain', 'you won't see one job lost because of Brexit', 'there will be no negative effects... it will only be a net positive', etc, etc.

At least if there was a second vote people would have a chance to say whether the deal they're getting is the deal they thought they would get. Or is that too much democracy?
clift_d View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clift_d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 19 at 13:37
You knew it was coming, but it's an insight into what the Brexiteers (Liam Fox, Rees Mogg, David Davis, Boris Johnson, and all the other deregulation hawks) have been after all along. The Office of United States Trade Representative has invited comments from US industry bodies on negotiation objectives for a future US / UK Trade Agreement. Amongst the 133 submissions they have received from lobby groups include requests for:

- Changing how NHS chiefs buy drugs to suit big US pharmaceutical companies

- That the UK scraps its safety-first approach to safety and food standards

- That the law should be changed to allow foreign companies to sue the UK government

- To push for the removal of protections for traditional British products.

There will probably be other choice examples amongst the various submissions here.

Originally posted by David Davis MP David Davis MP wrote:

There will be no downside to Brexit, only a considerable upside.
Censored
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 26>