Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > Syncro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Engine Sub-Frame, Covers, etc

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Yardie
Yardie
Owns a T3 (and an LT)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Engine Sub-Frame, Covers, etc
    Posted: 09 Jan 18 at 17:01
Looking through the manuals for my van , I'm starting to think that part of the sub-frame and/or engine covers may be missing. I can't get a piccie at the minute, as it's gone dark. But basically my engine seems to be bolted to two sub-frame beams running forward from the rear of the van to [i presume] a cross-member.

Unless I'm misunderstanding the diagrams in the manuals, it looks like there should also be a couple of sub-frame beams going transversally, left to right, across the van and [since BrickWerks sells insulation for the engine covers], I'm assuming there should be a couple of these as well. I've not got anything covering the engine underneath, at all.

If I am missing some engine covers, this might explain why the fecker sounds so noisy. Although I suspect the valve clearances might need checking too.

Anybody got a piccie or diagram showing what I should have under there?
1996 LT35 2,4D hi-top

My camper conversion blog: |carry on herman| <--not quite abandoned. But ever on the "ToDo" list!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic