The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Engine light managment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noclue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Engine light managment
    Posted: 26 May 18 at 18:16
Hi, can any one help, have wasted a fortune so far relieing on people who told me they knew what they were doing.
Management light came on , garage changed glow plugs , light went off. Next day light on again, told me no power getting to one of plugs, (paid again) new cable.
Light on again told me was electrical problem, paid auto electrician told me was a stereo unit problem, but paid him for his time as what ever he done worked for a day, light back on, pulling hair out as I am not a mechanical minded person, bought t5 2007 1.9 as a retirement gift for wife and myself but scared to use van in case I make things worse,
Can anyone recommend some one honest and knows what they are doing in the Portsmouth area that I can use when things need sorting , and are not a rip off
I know this site is full of experts , but I have not a clue about motors etc. Regards.
Timjburrows View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timjburrows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 18 at 20:10
A proper scan with a fault code reader should tell you what the problem is,there may be several,to diagnose the faults they should be removed and when the light comes on again another scan will tell you what the problem is
Noclue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noclue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 18 at 16:47
Thanks, for taking time to reply, think I will take to vw garage, should have done this in first place.
Timjburrows View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timjburrows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 18 at 22:26
Doesn't need to be a VW garage but a fault can be intermittent so by removing all of the codes and starting again may be helpful,all good garages should have a scanner,it's the chap using it that needs to know how to use it properly,good luck
Noclue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noclue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 18 at 07:47
Thanks again, for advice
 Post Reply Post Reply