The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Jumble > For Sale
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Easy Project - 1983 T3 Surfers Panel Van / Camper
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Easy Project - 1983 T3 Surfers Panel Van / Camper

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yuzee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Easy Project - 1983 T3 Surfers Panel Van / Camper
    Posted: 24 Apr 11 at 15:52
Hi All

I bought this van almost two years ago for my daughter as a present for when she passed her driving test, it’s been on my drive ever since as she now wants a car that will be cheaper for a new driver to insure. The vehicle has been SORN’ registered throughout this time and subsequently has no current MOT; however it will not take much work for it to pass an MOT test. (I have been reliably informed that the only welding needed to pass the test was on the door steps. You can see this in the pictures below

The van’s history

The previous owner used it as a daily runner for 3 years but unfortunately she forgot to put water in it and Hey Presto a puff of smoke and the engine seized as if by magic. So, I fitted the van with a replacement 1.9 DG engine that I bought off a local West Wales Trader and it now starts first time and runs perfectly. The gearbox is in very good condition and works fine, a new clutch was fitted just before the engine blew up and has had little use since.

The interior

The inside of the van has been fitted out as a surfer’s day van that can be used for camping as a built in double bed can be made within a few minutes and a fitted 240 volt hook up ensures that you have enough power to supply your electrical goods.

Bodywork

The bodywork is in what I would honestly call a “fair to good condition”, a little TLC around some of the seams is required. The nearside corner has had a ding where the previous owner (bless her) decided to reverse into the gas meter of the house, but this can easily be repaired without much cost. All doors are rust free and in very good condition but the rubber seals for the sliding door and rear door need replacing.

Other Extras include..

·         Five Spoke Alloy Wheels

·         Top of the Range face off JVC Audio system with quality speakers

·         240 volt hook up

·         Fitted tow bar and electrics

·         Roof ladder fitted to rear door (No Roof Rack)

·         Side window fitted to sliding Door

·         Sunroof

I’ve tried to be as honest as I can in describing this van but if you need further information give me a call on 07861 225715 and I’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Now for the all important price, I have the van advertised elsewhere for £800 or very nearest offer, I believe this to be a fair price for this van as I can break it and sell the parts for twice this amount. So if you want the basis of a good easy project give me a call.

Thanks

Dave H

shoooom View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shoooom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 11 at 02:52
hi, is it still for sale?
1982 panel van, aaz conversion.
1996 t4 1.9 td swb
 Post Reply Post Reply