The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Brickie's Arms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Do you live in your van?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leesyncro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 07 at 02:45

just borrowed a blue star with a webasto heater(think spelt like that)

was fantastic did 3 nights with just a coat had to take my socks off and turn it down that hot

ran off diesel and guy said would run about 4 months off tank

89 Syncro camper
T5 174 Flyin work bus

3narf View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3narf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 07 at 06:32
A bit cold this morning! Lovely and warm under the duvet, though...
3narf View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3narf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 07 at 23:04
Back again tonight! Will this be the first night where it actually rains?
3narf View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3narf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 07 at 23:06
Anyone know of any independent campsites within 25-30 miles of Heathrow, that don't lock you out if you're not back by 2300?
Germman View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Vanarchist.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Germman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 07 at 23:53
  just find a local church car park and ask the warden/clergy make a contribution and bob's yer thingy !  Or wat about truck stop overs got facility for the drivers usually not dear !?
http://picasaweb.google.com/germmanmark

Coventry near Vanarchy

*Wanted mint early AC STUFF*

3narf View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3narf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 07 at 19:42

Originally posted by germ man germ man wrote:

just find a local church car park and ask the warden/clergy make a contribution and bob's yer thingy ! 

Not sure I'd be able to sleep if I'd given money to the church; plus, they'd probably kick me off if they caught me reading Richard Dawkins or Christopher Hitchens!

3narf View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3narf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 07 at 19:57

And it still hasn't rained.

T3di View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3di Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 07 at 20:29

prob best off "wilding it in the van,its quite nice and quiet along near Laleham village and towards Chertsey by the Thames.Laleham village has 2 or 3 real ale boozers closeby and just round the bend is a nice quiet little car park/rec area,should be dogger free too.

It rained there on Sunday!!

3narf View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3narf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 07 at 21:27
Originally posted by T3di T3di wrote:

It rained there on Sunday!!

It may have rained last night. I was so tired I doubt it'd have woken me...

I have used the Chertsey site, and the Walton one. There's a municipal one by the river between Chertsey & Laleham but they lock up at 10pm & I don't finish work 'til then.

Not convinced about staying 'rough,' just too many bubble heads about nowadays!

T3di View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3di Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 07 at 22:16

If you're worried about someone sticking a firework up your (exhaust)pipe  how about shooting up the A30 a little towards Chobham common theres no one about over there.Only 15 minutes away??

3narf View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3narf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 07 at 18:12

Might have to have a look...

Cold last night. Just had my hair cut & had to wear my hat!

T3di View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3di Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 07 at 18:20
hope you've got thermal curtain thingys --if not put them on your list to Santa 

3narf View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3narf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 07 at 18:30
I haven't- just a bit of underlay beneath the carpet and a winter duvet
T3di View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3di Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 07 at 19:40
Man,you neeeed these!!!--dunno if yours has just 4 areas of glass or more but this is the primary loss of heat.I use them behind the whitestar curtains and it makes such a difference!

3narf View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3narf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 07 at 19:54

Problem is, I'm staying mainly in our staff car park, which is security patrolled, and I'm trying not to draw attention to the fact I'm here.

That said, silver screens probably look less conspicuous than flowery blue curtains!

pepperami View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 07 at 19:56
It sounds like the first 2 years in my house no heating just a small open fire in the lounge. Yes ok we had ice on the inside of the windows but you layer up. I imagine your'e ex RAF too. survive. Or failing that find some local bint shag her rotten and use her heating. Just a suggestion
Come back and finish me ya wimp!!!
T3di View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3di Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 07 at 20:06
 SURELY THE VIBRATING OF YOUR CHATTERING NASHERS WILL ALERT SECURITY?--
oops I'm shouting again...........

3narf View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3narf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 08 at 18:38

Tonight's going to be really cold, I suspect. Then tomorrow I'll have to brave the snow on the way home...

Never mind- sleeping bag and duvet, hat on, no worries.

(my gas bottle is going to run out eventually! I've had it since 2004)

3narf View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3narf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 08 at 18:41

Originally posted by pepperami pepperami wrote:

It sounds like the first 2 years in my house no heating just a small open fire in the lounge. Yes ok we had ice on the inside of the windows but you layer up. I imagine your'e ex RAF too.

I am! Winter 1984 I arrived at my first posting, Marham & put in an ex-married quarter house. In the kitchen with no heating. Took them a few days to get me a heater as well.

pepperami View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepperami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 08 at 19:04

Hows it going out there now mate? It's going to get a bit chilly the next few days.

Come back and finish me ya wimp!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>