The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Diesel pump removal, puller tool?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hydra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Diesel pump removal, puller tool?
    Posted: 02 Mar 19 at 17:18
I am trying to remove my ve6 injection pump on my 1984 lt40, non turbo. The manual says to use a puller to remove the pump pulley, where do I get one? Is there something else I can use?

The other issue is there is probably only 4 inches max space between the pulley and the bulkhead so very little space to even fit a puller into. Anyone?
VW LT40 Mk1 1983, 2.4 6 cy;l diesel, 3.5 tonne (downrated from 4t) was Horsebox now Campervan
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 19 at 12:43
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
912 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 912 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 19 at 19:26
I’ve pulled a few off and found a bit of pressure with a lever and a tap on the side of the pulley with a copper hammer a few times and they usually pop off
Hydra View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hydra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 19 at 18:07
Many thanks all, I located the original tool, part no 2029 as shown in the workshop manual, someone is selling the originals on ebay, think they came from an MOD auction a while back , 60 quid, but worth it as it came off so easy, once I got it into the ridiculously small working space. I now have a timing issue, please see my other post if you think you can help!
VW LT40 Mk1 1983, 2.4 6 cy;l diesel, 3.5 tonne (downrated from 4t) was Horsebox now Campervan
 Post Reply Post Reply