Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Bus Park
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

crew cab / double cab / doka

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 24>
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 09 at 10:54
got the phone call adaptors done!!!!!! hopefully be playing this weekend!SmileSmileSmile
UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
Duxforddubz View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duxforddubz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 09 at 12:12
 Rowlsey, not teaching you how to suck eggs here mate, but get the vento panels up on edition 38, the golf boys pay good money for the bonnet, grill and headlights, they go on a mk3, as do the doors, wings, we broke one for an aaz, was tempted to break another, you,ll easy get half your money back on the bonnet grill and lights alone, fingers crossed your up and running soon,
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 09 at 08:42
Originally posted by curtis_caddy curtis_caddy wrote:

Rowlsey, not teaching you how to suck eggs here mate, but get the vento panels up on edition 38, the golf boys pay good money for the bonnet, grill and headlights, they go on a mk3, as do the doors, wings, we broke one for an aaz, was tempted to break another, you,ll easy get half your money back on the bonnet grill and lights alone, fingers crossed your up and running soon,

one step ahead of you mate!Thumbs Up got one of them saggy arse jean types comin down saturday! and if his cars low enough i recon i can sell him the front bumper when he rips his off down the lane!LOL

Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duxforddubz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 09 at 13:13
 LOL, good luck to you then rowlsey, we even sold the back seat, bloke wanted it just beacause it had a fold down arm rest, took it away to be recovered, good lad, Thumbs Up
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 09 at 15:52
ooooooh! its on kindof!

thats the abf lump and the old auto box trial fit if you like!

spent sat / sun stripping the vento down and playing with my mates gsxr750! mmmmm nice!

engines out just need to pull exhaust off! need a 4 poster really!!!

now gutted and sat outside the unit just in case i need anything else!!

adapter plate is now fitted to the 8v engine and im anticipating fitting the autobox and removing it quite a few times this weekend!
as the engine was attached to an auto transmission in the vento it already has the coverplates for the lower next to the sump and the rearmost one where theres a hole to access the tourque converter retaining bolts! nice!! i'll bob some more pics up of the new set-up this weekend!!

wheres the excited emoticon????

rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 09 at 18:07
engines in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

been a long time coming but hey! we'll get there eventually!

adaptor on the 8v 2.0l enjun!

auto box mated up 1st time as well!

front gearbox mount fitted and hung in a sort-of-like position!had to take out battery tray as the alternator was fouling it!

now sat pretty much where i wanted making sure out-put drive flanges are level and crank pully is central

nearside engine mount

offside engine mount

as it stands at the moment

just started sorting exhaust out so i can do electics and plumbing then fire it up!

rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 09 at 18:11
and im up to £180 in spare parts sales off the vento so its cost me £20 for the engine atm!LOL

Zebedee View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zebedee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 09 at 19:04
That extra room at the top of the engine bay in a pickup looks like it makes it a helluva lot easier to fit different engines in.
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duxforddubz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 09 at 21:38
 All looking good rowlsey, another man with a bakery trolley/engine stand, Wink, take it theres no clearance problems with the engine upright then, seems the way to go with a pick up, good luck with the fire up, looks like it will be soon.
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 09 at 07:32
yeah loads of room in there now! that extra 6-8 inches really helps!! got the battery tray out of the vento so thats going where the fuel filter is. bought a facet fuel pump and gti inline filter so those will be fitted like the dj set up across the main chassis rails underneath. exhaust is gunna run across the back similar style as normal. just doing the down pipe with lamba then fitting a mid and back box that came off the ibiza and if that dont sound or look too bad i'll see about getting a nice stainless jobbie made up! oh and then im making a skid plate that bolts to the adaptor plateto protect the sumps on the box and engine.

Edited by rowlesy - 11 May 09 at 07:33

rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 09 at 17:55

look look its back on the floor!!! spent all weekend finishing off the exhaust and fitting up water hoses accelerator linkage and general brackets to hold stuff out of the way or support things!

thats the exhaust done!! looks kindof ok! didnt take one of the back-box (which i cant decide looks tough or chavvy?) as it exits behind the drivers side which is against the wall!

started to wire it up and did get it to turn over and fire up! (youve got to havent you!) but there was a very loud mettalic sound and realised i havent filled the auto-box and converter!Shocked

almost pissed meself when i realised and hope (fingers crossed and all that) i havent fucked it!

as i ve left it! might tidy the wiring up a bit!LOL

rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 09 at 18:02

ITS ALIVE!!!!!!!!

tell you what that fuel pump really had me there for a minute!!! bastard!!LOL

bougt a digifant 8v pump assembly off bigredbus cheers dude! plumbed that in twice as my memories failing me!! and away she went! sparks flying from tourque converter an all! that loud mettallic noise turned out to be the starter motor so thats being whipped out next week for investigation!!

pics.........................

the backbox! unsure at the moment but hey tones it down abit!!

the wiring!LOL

expansion tank (vento one) really close to the battery but it'll suffice for now.................

wiring yet to be sorted! i aint touching it until next week as i didnt want to half start it and then forget what ive done!

and my new background on the pc! mmmm arty!

oh and ive fitted the lt mirrors! just gotta wipe the dust off it now so i can see out of the windows!

Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duxforddubz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 09 at 14:55
 Glad to see you up and running rowlsey, nice one, that wiring not phase you?, look forward to the first road test.
VWlewis View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VWlewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 09 at 15:21
I like the bum in the air photo - good idea - what weight stands did you use?  3 tonne?

.. and that wiring is a nightmare - well done that man!Smile
Dr. T15 - Took test in a T2, drove a T1, T4, T5 and now run a T3 - and I am not Tee'd off
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 09 at 18:51
hey curt! that wiring didnt look too bad til i stripped the insulation off it! once its laid out on the floor and you trim off whats not needed! (before you take off insulation!)
i really wana rag it about so the sooner its done the better!Thumbs Up

lewis there home brew stands! got a long reach trolly jack and made the stands so they can sit at 800mm! as long as there put under the crossmember wheree the trailing arms fix i can get the arse about 1200mm high just the right level for welding exhausts! and bolting up driveshafts!LOL

kooldubs View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
I'M STILL HERE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kooldubs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 09 at 20:33
Originally posted by rowlesy rowlesy wrote:

lewis there home brew stands! got a long reach trolly jack and made the stands so they can sit at 800mm! as long as there put under the crossmember wheree the trailing arms fix i can get the arse about 1200mm high just the right level for welding exhausts! and bolting up driveshafts!LOL

na fcuk it...lay on the floor..LOLLOL
keep em coming chap..well done
86 t3 doka & 2001 T4 2.5 TDI
Big red bus View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big red bus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 09 at 22:19

Now I see what the pump was for. Looks good mate. Thumbs Up

rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 09 at 19:23
nearly there chaps! cheers again biggun! once i get this rolling i get to sort this little mess out...................................

oh and the doors a pretty rust free so i'll see what they look like prepped up!

rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 09 at 19:11
pics tomorrow of a tidy wiring loom ! ive spent all day on it and it still aint finished!Ouch

rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 09 at 18:39
shouldnt of left it yesterday as it wouldnt start today????? spent most of today re-tracing my steps to try find why the fuel pump wouldnt cut in!!! one wire missed out!!! can you belive it!!  never mind eh?

nice b&q induction pipe (read drain pipe!) need to make a bracket to hold the air-flow unit as its just resting behind the battery

behind engine! just need to wrap the loom to keep all the crap off it!

the fuse box and ecu are in the box out behind the wheelarch tub and covered by a plate. so its working and drivable but and theres always a but! one of the water hoses is leaking and so is one of the oil cooler pipes! nice!! and the engine mount needs altering to get to it! which i was hoping to get away with!! annnnnnd the exhaust sounds wank! but it does go better than expected! keep me busy for a bit longer anyway!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 24>