Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Bus Park
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

crew cab / double cab / doka

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 24>
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 09 at 09:46
turns out the 185 imprinted on the ford block means its a 1800 prob out of a sierra! still guna get junked! thats why my 2.0l weber runs like shite!
UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 09 at 17:57
and again it wont start so ive ripped it out!LOL fuckin ford in a volkswagen???!!! basDeadard thing!! im off to find a 2litre gti lump!!Wink see if thats any better!

rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 09 at 17:36

engines out!

cant seem to find vag part numbers on these so they must be ford stuff right?LOL

need an engine now! might have a 95 2.0l (same set up as the gti) passat in a few weeks so hopefully get the engine and loom out of that and sell some bits off it to reclaim a bit of money back! that along with the ford and weber carbs on Ebay should see me pay for the passat!Wink

rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 09 at 16:48
corrrr been a while! got a new job so i should be making some progress on this soon! and the westy's gone so need summat to look cool in!

rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 09 at 17:56
bought a new car now! and its getting broken up for the dokas pleasure!twas a steal!! dirt cheap and pretty quick to for a spanish rotbox!

new seats are in again!!!

both fronts are done! need to alter frame for back-uns but i'm in no rush!!

started planning for the adaptor plate yesterday! now this bits gunna be a ball ache as i now dont work with steel or have access to a machine shop so this bit is gunna get farmed out! lets just hope it gets sorted quick!

had to remove tourque converter as the three fixing tabs have been moved to an alternative location? i have no idea why but????????? and i only found this out yesterday when offering up the plate that bolts to the engine! arrrrwell!!

5potblair View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5potblair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 09 at 14:59
great looking motor, need to get my arse in gear on mine.
88 Doka, 06 Passat V6 4Motion.
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 09 at 15:03
cheers dude! just hope it goes well with the 2.0l 16v motor!

kooldubs View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
I'M STILL HERE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kooldubs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 09 at 21:21
keep up the updates chap..oh and these black door cards are still in me doka so when they come out ...
they have your name on chap ok..
just cut the rover leather seats out of mine..busy busy busy...
86 t3 doka & 2001 T4 2.5 TDI
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 09 at 17:47
i got a set now chap cheers!Thumbs Up

look what just turned up..............................................

basicallyto get my conversion started i need to fit the tourque converter to the engine, but there not designed to mate!
so the only way i could see after about an hour of staring at it, was to cut the middles out and swap em!

so take a clutch plate and cut out at 100mm centre, then when you have done that it needs a 2mm lip on it to locate the tourque converter plate which hs been machined to 96mm, then that fits snug in side. all i need to do now is rotate on the plate and weld it together

hopefully if i can get a nice smooth weld and a steady hand i cant see there'll be much imbalance to cause vibration when spinning?

once this is done i can offer up the autobox to the engine and get a measurment for the thickness of the adaptor plate to bolt this ensemble together!

rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 09 at 11:09

plates welded up now just need a new unmolested torque converter to see how thick the adaptor needs to be!

T3ADICT View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3ADICT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 09 at 18:42
nice work..
be interesting to see what the gti lump is like with the auto box
WHY T3's.... because they are just so adictive, and having one just aint enough
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 09 at 08:32
might be fun might be a nitemare!

Duxforddubz View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duxforddubz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 09 at 18:16
 Good work there rowlsey,keep it coming, getting back to your seat mod, am i right in thinkink you have grafted those onto the T3 runners, how does the seat hight work out, got a pair of comfy vento seats here and a few old van seats. Wink, much of a job? 
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 09 at 10:24
Originally posted by curtis_caddy curtis_caddy wrote:

Good work there rowlsey,keep it coming, getting back to your seat mod, am i right in thinkink you have grafted those onto the T3 runners, how does the seat hight work out, got a pair of comfy vento seats here and a few old van seats. Wink, much of a job? 

na mate! as long as you make the seat bases off the new seats as tight of a fit to the t3 bases you'll be right! i had to trim the width of the t3 bases to stop em sticking out but thats about all! you can get the rear part touching and tack it in place then just move the front up and down according to personal taste!

Edited by rowlesy - 03 Apr 09 at 10:28

VWlewis View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VWlewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 09 at 13:34
Originally posted by rowlesy rowlesy wrote:

hopefully if i can get a nice smooth weld and a steady hand i cant see there'll be much imbalance to cause vibration when spinning?

I'd spin it up in a lathe if you can before fitting to check any out of balance.   A small out of balance could cause a bit problem! ... think about wheels and what a difference a small weight makes.   Keep up the good work! Wink
Dr. T15 - Took test in a T2, drove a T1, T4, T5 and now run a T3 - and I am not Tee'd off
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 09 at 17:34
ordered me adaptor plate today! £70!!!Tongue gotta love independant engineering firms! i'll post a pic whence recived!! and phone numbers of said neer! if it turns out rosie!

speedflex engineering sandy lane stourport on severn 01299 827712 nice guys to boot!

Edited by rowlesy - 05 May 09 at 15:56

rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 09 at 17:56
resurection post! Thumbs Up still waiting on me adaptor!Unhappy

rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 09 at 11:42
well been to see the man in the machine shop and adaptor plate is taking shape! steel ring was ordered just before easter and things have been waylaid! shit happens i spose! gives me an opportunity to work hard - save money for doka and have nothing much to spend on at the moment! should be done in the next couple of days!!!! just selling off some of my toys as i had 4 cars and 2 bikes!!!! down to 2 cars and 2 bikes now with the husky going on ebay end of the week that'll be sold soon hopefully then i can start looking for a newer one and sell the drz! thats the plan anyway! just the doka landy and a new husky that should keep me happy for the time being!

doka........well after getting the ibiza and stripping it sold most of it off and making my money back thru the parts, im left with the abf 16v. now this puppie has an immobilizer built in with the ecu and i was thinking get it remapped to bypass it? seems to be a pain in the arse! and the fact that i binned the cat with the lamba probe in it!doh!! seems the engine needs the lamba otherwise it thinks its always in warm-up mode which runs the engine rich until up to temperature! eventually it'll just melt the rings like this!! note to self do homework before giving away your hard earned! so ive had a long hard think and have been out and bought this!.........................

1994 2.0l vento gl! running it until the end of the week then its getting pulled apart mainly for the engine and associated parts needed to run in the bus and the rest will be scrapped and sold to regain some kind of initial outlay! must say it drives nice! and only covered 117k with service history until 109k its been quite well looked after! and for £200 withe the bonus of a brand new panasonic tuner cd player anything i get in return for parts will be a good result as far as im conserened!
i havent done a single thing to the doka since as ive been working a new job which includes weekends and spending time sorting other cars and stuff ready to sell em! but with any luck the bus will be rolling soon (self proppelled not pushed round the yard this time!)  and this new purchase should see some activity with the bus again!!! really wana get it sorted now and go play!

more pics of bus up the weekend with any luck!

T3ADICT View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3ADICT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 09 at 00:53

im interested to see how this fits, the inlet manifold on these should be better for clearence that the 1.8 golf gti lumps as they roll round more but the block is taller.

at least with this lump you can run diesel hoses and it should look quite O.E
WHY T3's.... because they are just so adictive, and having one just aint enough
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 09 at 09:12
well its gunna be sat upright pretty much as it is in the vento. i cant use the diesel bits on the autobox as i think it'll make life a little bit more awkward! i think i'll just have to extend the metering head pipe and maybe buy a induction kit so as to loose airbox? hopefully i wont have to cut any of the fire wall or rear-most panel! i really dont want this to look bodged up hence the machined adaptor!! we'll have a trial fit and make up the engine support bars and any other fabbing of parts needed then take it all back out and clean up the bay and engine and paint and polish stuff!Smile

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 24>