Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Bus Park
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

crew cab / double cab / doka

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 21222324>
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 16 at 21:40
managed a little tinker today! Embarrassed
UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
fufflenarnia View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
#1 Cable Shift Bitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fufflenarnia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 16 at 08:42
Lucky you.

Have you done anything to the van tho?
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 16 at 21:38
wanted to sort a few jobs on the bus but didnt even manage one today! ran out of welding wire and thought i had a back up but that turned out to be 1.0mm and i havent got any tips for that! so only managed a little - sorry!

exhaust...... had a plan to weld in my a6 silencers but changed mind on how to route the piping so ive been hunting steel stockholders most the evening! heres what ive got so far....

braced up a pair of silencers to hold them parallel and level

then offered them upto the doka and cut exactly the rads for silencer tips - these will be made larger after final fitting this is so they keep going back to the same place while i alter down pipes to suit

and a view from above to show where down pipes come to

ive started on the frame for the engine hatch too as i need somewhere to clip up the loom but didnt take any pics as it was getting on!

original plan today was to get the rails notched so i can fit an oil filter but it looks like the engine needs to come out again to make a nice job of that!

Bromy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bromy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 16 at 23:54
Like the exhaust, was looking at a aftermarket audi tt rear box for the ej20
"follow the masses, do the opposite"
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 16 at 20:10
was hoping to have some more snaps today but have only managed to hang the silencers and fit a new rail across the chassis. Unhappy might steal a few hours sunday.....

rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 16 at 20:34
and its done (well - pretty much!)

after spending another few hours fetling today the exhaust is ticked of my to do list! 

was going to fit down pipes straight into silencers but decided i could add some length (fnar-fnar!) and possibly quiet the system down a little at the same time? its all theory stuff until it gets fired up at the moment so........

first made up a cross member to support the front exhaust hangers (mk3 golf) then made up some drop plates for the rear exhaust hangers (A6) and tacked on the relevant spikes across the silencers for the rubbers and took off the bracings i'd put on to hold the silencers straight then i got hold of 8x 90 bends and cut down what was left of the A6 pipes to meet up to the down pipes added a couple of flexis for good measure and whipped both sides off to be welder fully

added a connector strap to stop them swinging in the wind then re fitted them

seemed to work but the end pipes were facing the floor and i didnt like the look so we gave them a trim!

much better!view from the floor.........

and a shivery one from inside the bay (its cold!)

few bits to tickle and weld and the front hangers want welding and capping but that'll do for now! 

Smile happy with that!

gusbang View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gusbang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 16 at 22:00
Looking good.

Clap
T3 Doka 2.1MV
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 16 at 20:01
nice to be playing again! Thumbs Up you all good?

booted View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote booted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 16 at 12:12
very nice,
what are the dimensions of those silencers [ish] I'm on the look out for something to go on the 5 cyl panel van instead of the deafening carlos fandango one that's on it now , one of those might do the job
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 16 at 20:52
roughly 350 long by 200 by 200 ish.......

booted View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote booted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 16 at 22:46
Thanks
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 16 at 19:45
load bed started today. put two supports across the bed as these were removed for new configuration and or rotten from the last owners attempt to replace! then made up the new engine hatch area as its moved a bit.......then ive added some centre supports as the alu tread plate is going to be in two halves with a seam straight up the middle (you'll see why at a later date)

and area for engine access

doesnt need to be massive as the engine & box drops out from underneath for major work.

i wasnt going to but after deliberation im going to replace the two short supports either side of the hatch with box too. i have a few "top hat" supports left over but the rear most either side attach to the rear bulkhead and would be a pain to replace.

T3 Ben View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3 Ben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 16 at 11:39
great work Thumbs Up
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 16 at 20:15
cheers chap! hopefully do a bit more over xmas holiday

rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 17 at 20:33
well did nothing over xmas to the doka anyway! took me till now to make any progress!

brakes......

seeing as i had the audi still outside i thought i'd use the front brakes as a little upgrade over standard and since the lith bus got my new disks and calipers i needed something anyway.
looked at the epytec kits and thought that'll do but my a4 disks are 288mm not 315's and its a lot of money for what it is if you have a local friendly machine shop near by!

so old disks off the lith bus sent for some weight saving ....

old disk - machined - 288

new bearings and fitted to bus

disk and porsche adaptors

cost for machining -£40

Thumbs Up

Vanorak
Vanorak
#1 Cable Shift Bitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fufflenarnia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 17 at 20:47
Cool. So, do the ate57 calipers fit straight on, or do need an adaptor?
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 17 at 20:56
believe it or not there very close - prob 3 or 4mm out on centres but need spacing away from uprights so im mocking up my first set of caliper adaptors. ill use nuts and bolts first time round to prove them then remake and tap threads in so they fit like originals. the 57 calipers will be rotated further round so i dont get bolt hole interference. they'll look identical to epytec's but will only cost time

rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 17 at 20:25
first template made and fitted up

needed a little fetling and a bit more steel round by the bottom caliper mount so i made another two out of bright bar tapped and fitted fitted just need cleaning up and painting

Vanorak
Vanorak
#1 Cable Shift Bitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fufflenarnia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 17 at 20:37
Nicely done.
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 17 at 10:23
Taps cost me 12 quid already had the other for wheel bolts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 21222324>