The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Container Project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timaldiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 14 at 19:45
Originally posted by roundandsquare roundandsquare wrote:

Bumpers done...

Not gonna lacquer them? I didn't do mine and now they need doing again... Just sayin'
-------
I have a history of VW LT camper van addiction: http://campervanman.co.uk
roundandsquare View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundandsquare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 14 at 20:55
Do you mean put a clear coat on top?
LT35 2.4 diesel (not turbo) hybrid van/camper type thing...
HanoverHeritage View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HanoverHeritage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 14 at 19:51
Well done buddy,
Nice to see another one saved.
All the hard work gets forgotten when your sitting outside her near a beach with a beer in your hand.
Stu

Edited by HanoverHeritage - 12 Jul 14 at 19:51
www.westfaliasparesuk.com
timaldiss View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timaldiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 14 at 20:16

Do you mean put a clear coat on top?

I bought a set of 3 sprays - primer, top coat & lacquer. The lacquer just seals it nicely. You can get gloss of matt...
-------
I have a history of VW LT camper van addiction: http://campervanman.co.uk
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundandsquare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 14 at 22:43
Getting it back together now.  Side loading door tricky to get back on. Luckily was able to recruit a couple of helpers.

Reasonably happy with the paint finish.  I think spraying is probably one of those things you have to do a lot of before you get any good at it.  Probably helps to be a bit OCD which isn't me at all.  The paint's slightly shinier than I'd expected for satin but I expect it'll dull down pretty quickly once it gets out into the world.

One more little welding project....  the top of my beloved wood burning stove had rotted away so had to be sorted.

Canada LT28 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canada LT28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 14 at 23:05
Originally posted by LTCamper89 LTCamper89 wrote:

Originally posted by timaldiss timaldiss wrote:

You lucky bugger to have all that space.

Aahh luxury. 

(In a Heaven accent. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAtSw3daGoo Another one for Rabbit 16v) 

haha, forgot Marty Feldmen was in the original. Saw John Cleese in a standup here in Toronto a few months back....still trying to pay off his alimony, haha

Poor Rabbit........LOL
94 LT28 Doka 2.4D
Slow and built to stay that way
87 T3 soon to be a camper
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canada LT28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 14 at 23:06

When I were a lad.........

Yes I am lucky to have a workshop although I've only got it for a limited time hence the high speed work.  Much respect to anyone trying to do something like this in a driveway.

Bumpers done...

Lookin very good, way better than mine. I better get of me arse.
94 LT28 Doka 2.4D
Rabbit 16v View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbit 16v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 14 at 00:02
Bahahahaaa!!! That was funny! Cheers!
Chris
1985 LT40 4x4 2.5 TDI
1987 LT28 Florida
1985 LT45 Sülzer D24TI
1992 LT40 4x4 D24t
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canada LT28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 14 at 00:13
Originally posted by Rabbit 16v Rabbit 16v wrote:

Bahahahaaa!!! That was funny! Cheers!

Rabbit gets a dose of CULTURE, LOLBig smileWink
94 LT28 Doka 2.4D
Rabbit 16v View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbit 16v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 14 at 00:15
Well, I did mention I have seen Life of Brian a few times. I think I saw the skit too many years ago. Good refresher!
Chris
1985 LT40 4x4 2.5 TDI
1987 LT28 Florida
1985 LT45 Sülzer D24TI
1992 LT40 4x4 D24t
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 14 at 07:34
Originally posted by Canada LT28 Canada LT28 wrote:

Originally posted by LTCamper89 LTCamper89 wrote:

Originally posted by timaldiss timaldiss wrote:

You lucky bugger to have all that space.

Aahh luxury. 

(In a Heaven accent. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAtSw3daGoo Another one for Rabbit 16v) 

haha, forgot Marty Feldmen was in the original. Saw John Cleese in a standup here in Toronto a few months back....still trying to pay off his alimony, haha

Poor Rabbit........LOL

....and I just spotted another swear filter giggle......and Barry Cryer making an appearance as the waiter.Clap

1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 14 at 07:41
There are a lot of variables in spraying, skill, environmental considerations and the rest. From what I remember eggshell is a step down from satin. The ship models I did were done in eggshell since the gloss and satin were deemed too shiny by the client.

It looks like an even coverage so that is better than patchy anyway.

Nice colour too by the way, I did see a professional conversion about a year ago in a very similar shade. No camera=no pictures.
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundandsquare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 14 at 23:23
 ITS ALIVE!

Needed a new battery to get it going....

Here's one to amuse those of you commenting on how lucky I am to have use of a workshop.  When I was driving out I diddn't open the roller door high enough and knocked off a sky-light.  Ouch

MOT tomorrow. Fingers crossed it'll get through.

Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 14 at 05:18
Ouch

VW LT Camper not Cramper

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundandsquare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 14 at 10:37
Just incase anyone was wondering?

The van sailed through the test with no advisories.  This is the first time this has happened to any vehicle I've owned.  When the mechanic was driving it out of the testing shed he was actually clapping. 

Been off in the west of Scotland for a while but back to reality now.

Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 14 at 10:50
Mine gets praise too, perhaps they do command a little respect when they are fit and well and being used.

Thumbs UpWell done on no advisories, I am getting there too, only 4no this year and nothing big at all.

VW LT Camper not Cramper

lorryloader View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorryloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 14 at 12:42
Originally posted by HanoverHeritage HanoverHeritage wrote:

Well done buddy,
Nice to see another one saved.
All the hard work gets forgotten when your sitting outside her near a beach with a beer in your hand.
Stu

I'l second that ! Great work !ClapBig smile
LT-45 HIGH TOP + LT-55-BEVERTAIL.Mercedes Atego tilt n slide with lorry loader crane.
lorryloader View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorryloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 14 at 12:44
Fancy doing mine ! Question
LT-45 HIGH TOP + LT-55-BEVERTAIL.Mercedes Atego tilt n slide with lorry loader crane.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12