The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

coilover issues for your help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eklo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: coilover issues for your help
    Posted: 07 Oct 15 at 08:54

For all the members with coilovers I have a question. Im having a problem with raising the rear up to the height i need. Reason being im realy pushing to get my wheels that i have mounted on the carthey are just sitting around and i dont want that. i need them to clear the rear fenders with tires or im goingto have to do some serious modification to the rear The wheels that i have are15x8 with a -12 offset. I know it sounds crazy and they are going to stick out but ive got that covered its just the getting to that height that im troubled with. Second i cant ship my car back to the states with it being this low i checked that already. So back to my question ,Does anyone make coilover spacers? Im taking the helper spring out but i need something to put more pressure on the main spring to raise it and the only thingim coming up with is 4x4 ****. Any help would be great 

thanks

festa View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote festa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 15 at 06:40
Remove the rear spring with the adjuster and fit a pair of eibech or h and R springs. They come up as pairs on thee bay of thieves from time to time. Other option it to fit another pair of the top rubbers that are between the body and the top of the spring.
lwb 174,Wagner intercooler, rosten rods, balanced bottom end, GT2262v hybrid turbo, 2.7bar boost with full ss 76mm decat exhaust, itg filter, 440ft lbs@288bhp
booted View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote booted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 17 at 16:56

the helper spring keeps everything in place when the load is reduced removing it will lower your van more. is the issue that you have run out of adjustment on the coilover or is it seized  ?

Post Reply Post Reply