The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Climatronic blows hot air on one side only

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Climatronic blows hot air on one side only
    Posted: 28 Dec 15 at 20:15
Tried to search for any posts about my problem but have not found anything.
I have a left hand drive 2007 Caravelle LWB with climatronic.
Problem is that it blows hot air on left side only despite any setting on the ACC panel!?
Right side and rear works just fine.  
It did this once last summer to but it fixed itself back then... but now it seems it is "stuck" on full heat.
Any ideas?
/Maggy, The (Male) Swede

T5 Caravelle 2,5 TDI AXE LWB 174hp (210hp)LWB 4motion -07

BMW K1600GTLE -16
Maggy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 19 at 19:06
So I am still struggling with this problem.
I guess there is something wrong with a heat flap servo motor.
My Caravelle is left hand drive and there is full heat on the side vent and some heat from the left of the middle vents.
I seems like there are 5 servo motors on the left side.
12-13-14-15-16 on this parts catalogue sheet:
http://www.oemepc.com/vw/part_single/catalog/vw/markt/RDW/modell/TR/year/2007/drive_standart/611/hg_ug/820/subcategory/820005/part_id/4440341/is_main_page/0/lang/e
Does anyone know which one is for the left side vent? 
I have to remove the dashboard to get to the servo motors so I would really like to order the right part before I start.
/Maggy, The (Male) Swede

T5 Caravelle 2,5 TDI AXE LWB 174hp (210hp)LWB 4motion -07

BMW K1600GTLE -16
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 19 at 22:35
I've never worked on rear A/C so I can't help directly, but I do remember there is a rod each side in the rear that can pop off.  This may not be the same as your problem though.  I've just been reading a thread on the 'other' forum about a flap in the roof that can cause problems.  You should be able to get A/C fault codes on VCDS if you have access but I don't know how specific they would be.  If there was a particular motor not working it might pin down which one though.  Good luck though.  Smile 
2004 2.5 174
 Post Reply Post Reply