The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cheaper insrance needed!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tt62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cheaper insrance needed!
    Posted: 12 May 11 at 13:56
Just had the reminder hit the doormat...........................

£844, which is a whopping 38% increase on last years £610. No convictions, no claims, what the f*ck is happening.

I can just see it on my customers faces, sorry sir my prices are going up 38%, I'm sure you'll still continue to do business with me, because all my competitors have done the same?

Help , PLEEEEEEEEEEEEESE
'09 Sportline Kombi
The Loon View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Loon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 11 at 14:38
Stop whinging. Everone eles's insurance has gone up. Just pay it.
Justified Ancient of Mu Mu.
simon bartlett View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon bartlett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 11 at 16:35
I have just got my renewal through, £352.50.

Doesn't seem so bad now, thanks for cheering me up !!!

Caravelle 174 SE ( Towing a twin axle Burstner caravan 2000kg (Sorry))
tt62 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tt62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 11 at 17:26
Originally posted by simon bartlett simon bartlett wrote:

I have just got my renewal through, £352.50.

Doesn't seem so bad now, thanks for cheering me up !!!

Any chance you can tell me who your insurance co. is please?
'09 Sportline Kombi
simon bartlett View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon bartlett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 11 at 17:29
Aviva
Caravelle 174 SE ( Towing a twin axle Burstner caravan 2000kg (Sorry))
energysolutions View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote energysolutions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 11 at 18:52

Aviva

Just dont have an accident whilst insured with them

A kind lady decieded to drive into the front of my van in September last year (very minor bump) and they are so inept it took easily 20 calls (I still havent recieved a claim number or ANY correspondance in relation to it!!!) to organise a repair (hopefully goes in next week)

!!Never Eat Yellow Snow!!
tt62 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tt62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 11 at 20:01

Aviva

Just gave their on-line site a go.................£1,396Cry

I'm 49, 5 years NCD, no convictions, 1 no fault collision (f*cking Polish lorry driver), 1 windscreen claim.

My biggest problem is I live in a city. It's not Cardiff, but apparently this is the worst area (apart from London maybe)?
'09 Sportline Kombi
Berisford View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berisford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 11 at 21:09
I'd have thought with 5 years NCD you'd be clear of the Polish incident and windscreen claims don't count do they?

Happen it's your line of business, maybe?
Senate Square, Helsinki, 12 June 1993.
advance View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote advance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 11 at 21:26
£1490 ,102 lwb +trany connect !!! on one policy     evan
tt62 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tt62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 11 at 21:54
Originally posted by Berisford Berisford wrote:

I'd have thought with 5 years NCD you'd be clear of the Polish incident and windscreen claims don't count do they?

Happen it's your line of business, maybe?

I'm a electrical engineer working in industry, (not an electrician).

I have a theory about NCD and "no fault" claims. The NCD means supposedly get a discount off the full policy amount......okay so far, but it does not stop the insurance co. from loading your policy whether the claims are "no fault" or not.

Apparently some insurance companies have admitted to loading drivers who have "no fault" claims, and I have two within the last 4 years.

The only way to know is to submit an on-line quote with no claims and no convictions and then repeat the process with the claims, etc.

I'm convinced its a postcode problem.
'09 Sportline Kombi
swiss View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 11 at 22:03
Try A Plan Swindon
Many reasons
Some insurers say its because policies were fille din online and never covered true risks in first place.
Price comparison sites in other words
It might be trying to make back profit as many insurers had major stakes in BP
Might also, hopefully be that they have simply changed what types of risks their portfolio prefers
In other words they are trying to get you to switch

Vansales.com
http://www.vansales.com
http://www.swissvantek.com T5 Accessories
http://www.brokerweb.com
Trade/ CCL only finance website

01656 674620
Liquidfreak View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liquidfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 11 at 22:37
Give NFU Mutual a call. Mine is £420 this year same as the past 3 years, 29, all mods declared (lowered and wheels). Full comp + protected no claims. Simples.
2004 VW T5 Panel Van T30 2.5 130 AXD Engine
tt62 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tt62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 11 at 11:01
Originally posted by Liquidfreak Liquidfreak wrote:

Give NFU Mutual a call. Mine is £420 this year same as the past 3 years, 29, all mods declared (lowered and wheels). Full comp + protected no claims. Simples.

Thanks for the heads-up, but they want £935. They did advise that rates have inceased by an average of 37% thoughOuch
'09 Sportline Kombi
sw67 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sw67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 11 at 22:39
My wifes car insurance went up 30% with NFU. Went on the phone and told them it was too high and they would have to do better. They told me it was due to postcode risk changes and claims but they did give me a bit off.

2 months later my Van renewal from NFU arrived and it only went up £20

I think they make the numbers up as they go along
willhollin View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willhollin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 11 at 10:00
Originally posted by tt62 tt62 wrote:

Originally posted by Liquidfreak Liquidfreak wrote:

Thanks for the heads-up, but they want £935. They did advise that rates have inceased by an average of 37% thoughOuch

Yeh, insurance has gone up massively.

I'm with the NFU, and they let you pay monthly with only a small admin charge of around 1% APR, not like most who charge 30% APR.
swiss View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 11 at 11:48
Do you think they have a cartel?
All just sit round table and say "Right lets all put prices up this year?"
Or is it related to £ vs Euro
I know they tell us its because of accidents and postcodes but that doesnt seem plausible

Edited by swiss - 14 May 11 at 11:48
Vansales.com
http://www.vansales.com
http://www.swissvantek.com T5 Accessories
http://www.brokerweb.com
Trade/ CCL only finance website

01656 674620
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 11 at 14:15
Originally posted by swiss swiss wrote:

Do you think they have a cartel?
I know they tell us its because of accidents and postcodes but that doesnt seem plausible

Seems fishy to me too...  Mine's up 40% . Angry  Never claimed in 14 years.  Since you have no choice but to buy insurance there should be a regulator.  (I mean one with teeth!).  I think they have us all by the nuts.  Who else can put up their prices by 40% in one year in this climate?       
2004 2.5 174
TwoFish View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TwoFish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 11 at 13:09
The AA reports premiums up 40% and that despite that, insurers are making losses.

Unsurprisingly, fraudulent claims and the 'whiplash brigade' are reported to be the reason.

Despite my love of the internet and cutting out the middle man, when I was in the UK, I actually found that going through a broker got me a much better deal than getting on-line quotes.

Oh - I used Commercial Vehicle Direct.

tt62 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tt62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 11 at 20:27
Originally posted by TwoFish TwoFish wrote:

The AA reports premiums up 40% and that despite that, insurers are making losses.

Unsurprisingly, fraudulent claims and the 'whiplash brigade' are reported to be the reason.

Despite my love of the internet and cutting out the middle man, when I was in the UK, I actually found that going through a broker got me a much better deal than getting on-line quotes.

Oh - I used Commercial Vehicle Direct.

That article is a bit spooky as I've just paid my house insurance a couple of weeks ago and that had increased by 14%, (note my van policy is up by 38%).

The thing that really pisses me off, is that individual insurance companies do not appear to give a damn if you are at fault or not when you have a bump. This is borne-out by their attitude when you are involved in a no-fault crash. They really do not seem to care about getting their costs back from the other party if it is not a simple "cut and dry" case! You really have to fight your corner.

Then there are the ambulance chasers. Real low-life. The bloke that called me after Mr Lorry Driver tried to remove my passenger door with his Volvo 38 tonner front wheel, couldn't believe it when I said I wasn't going to press for "personal injury" damages.
'09 Sportline Kombi
 Post Reply Post Reply