The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > South African T3s
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Central Locking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldmaninDorset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Central Locking
    Posted: 24 Aug 14 at 00:01
Hello.  I've just bought a 1996 2.6 Caravelle. Can anyone tell me if it is fitted with central locking?  If so, should it work on the key or the alarm remote?  Thanks
Richard
1996 2.6 Caravelle
1977 1.6 Bay
Wychall View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wychall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 14 at 07:50
Yes, it will have central locking which should work on both the key fob and using the key in the drivers door. I believe the ecu for it is behind the glove box (it is in my 2.5). The ecu may be unplugged if it has been problematic in the past. If that is the case you can get round it by using an aftermarket control on the existing door motors. In my case, I have a tracker which also activates the central locking.
Oh, and welcome to SA ownership! We need some pics!
South African 1991 2.5i 5cyl Microbus - virgin, not campered - piloted by Brian.
OldmaninDorset View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldmaninDorset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 14 at 13:54
Hello Wychall.  Thanks for the tips.  My bus features in the latest edition of VW Vibe, page 68.  Nothing to do with me: I bought it only yesterday.  I'll send pics soon. 

Perhaps you can help me regarding tyre pressures.  The handbook states that mine are 220 front and 230 back and both 280 fully loaded.  No unit given.  Any idea what that is in pounds per square inch?

Richard
Richard
1996 2.6 Caravelle
1977 1.6 Bay
Wychall View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wychall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 14 at 15:09
The unit is kPa (kilopascals).
220 = 32psi
230 = 33psi
280 = 40psi

Brian.
South African 1991 2.5i 5cyl Microbus - virgin, not campered - piloted by Brian.
 Post Reply Post Reply